Favourite visit to the swamp?

The Bob Brightwell screamer match. That shot was travelling right towards us. Lovely.

I got hit on the cheek by a coin thrown by some cowardly red shit c*nt, picked it up and bought myself a pint with it in my local after the match. Those were the happy days when you could buy a pint with a single coin.

A bloke in front of me was hit by a glass Pepsi bottle just before kick-off and hit the ground extremely hard. Poor sod. I often think about him and hope he was alright.

I fucking loathe them red bastards. The club belong in the conference south and the fans belong at the bottom of a septic tank.

Was there for the Munich 2-1 and then the 6-1, among many more visits.

I have to say the 6-1 was the best, I vowed that day to never go back to that fucking dump and haven’t been since.

I refuse to visit since the league cup semis and every visit I went previous to that we we lost so none

That was my last one too, for same reason! Sat in the away end just 2 seats from united fans...was not fun when Astroturf head scored that late winner.

So best trip is the only one I've seen us win there - the Munich anniversary game in 2008. Was so nervous on the coach on the way - a mixture of fear of getting tonked as usual with fear that the usual balloons would spoil the minute's silence; very happy to be proved wrong on both fronts!

the 1968 away win , my 1st away derby game , Tony Book allowed Best to open the scoring in the 1st minute but we went on to play them off the park and beat them 3-1 , the result ultimately proved the difference at the end of the season and we won the title on the last day at Newcastle , that '68 team had balls of steel and full of winners , they were not all brilliant or gifted players , just a team that worked their socks of for each other under the great management team of Mercer / Allison , halcyon days indeed.
This was my first as well , scoreboard end happy days.

For atmosphere the Brightwell or Curle penalty years, standing behind the goal..... It was bedlam when both goals went in.

6 1 obvs for the result.....

Arthur Albaston testimonial.

Beat them 2-0 and blues treated it like winning the league. Proper piss taking from our fans.
until I read this I was thinking I'd only seen us win there once against Bury in a league cup tie switched to the swamp. Forgot all about this one seem to remember Gleghorn scoring so I'm guessing pre season 88? Only other good memories were 2-2 the day before the FM cup final and Curle slotting home a penalty for 1-1 in a night game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.