Favourite Zabaleta Moment?

Someone beat me to it but his goal against QPR has almost been forgotten after the late drama of the of Dzeko and Aguero strikes.

Still for me Zaba's greatest quality is his complete commitment over the past 9 years and that cannot be pigeon-holed into one moment.

Like many others I had my doubts about him early doors. Too keen to jump in, not the best going forward but like the club he got better and better which is a reflection of his professionalism and commitment to improve. 2013 we saw him at his peak and it was a privilege to watch.

url

When he waved his arms in celebration after the first goal v villa in 2014. It was dzekos goal but the whole stadium bounced to the Zabaleta song after that as it more or less signaled our league victory. I think Liverpool drew 3-3 with palace the night before. Was also at Rome for his goal but for sheer emotion it has to be that villa moment. Love the guy.

You know somert,when he came to us,even the most ardent football manager /fifa player would of heard of him,but he has been absolutely brilliant for us in his time here,a proper trier,who with just being that won the hearts of all us faithful supporters.

He improved year on year,shed blood,kissed the badge,seemed to be a right good guy off the pitch,family man,loved City,always will,and no doubt will be sorely missed for a very long time when/if he does go.

We all know a footballers career is short,but I'm sure we all agree that this guy has been one of the best,and my favourite Zaba moments have been when I've seen him in the starting lineup,as you know you are going to get at least one of them giving 100%.

I'll miss you Zab,and so will my Mrs,more than anything,good luck wherever your journey takes you next.

P/s -Hope he plays tomorrow,as I'm not at the West Brom game,so want to see him one last time please Pep

My first real "stick in the mind" memory was this tackle - when we were still shit but had just been bought.

It cost us the game though!

Cant help but love him as a player though - we must be out of badnages in the first aid kit!

His goal v QPR was a proper nerve settler at the time - little did we expect the second half to go the way it did!

His goal away to Roma, clutching the badge, running over to us near the corner, veins popping, the ultimate show of passion.

Love this man, will be gutted when he goes this summer.

I made up a collection of pics from the qpr game and put them in a frame,one of them is off him running off celebrating his goal screaming his head off
I'm torn between wanting him to stay in the prem and not wanting to see him in another teams colours

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.