Favourite Zabaleta Moment?

There have been countless moments when in a blue shirt that I can't pick one.

Last edited:
My first real "stick in the mind" memory was this tackle - when we were still shit but had just been bought.

It cost us the game though!

Cant help but love him as a player though - we must be out of badnages in the first aid kit!

His goal v QPR was a proper nerve settler at the time - little did we expect the second half to go the way it did!

Wasn't that "the soon to be moved to USA" Mr Walton refereeing?

Some players just get the club and the fan's and Zabba did that so well you could imagine him running through Moss Side as a kid with baggy shorts , a snotty nose and holes in his shoes and a City shirt on his back. A fucking warrior who bled blue blood often for the cause and left everything on the pitch. Wherever he goes he will always be one of us.

I think it was the 1-0 rags game in 2012 (I think) , he makes a tackle by the touchline, which he obviously wins

He fist pumps like he's just scored a goal, amazing passion and will to win

Think we might be thinking about the same thing. My abiding memory is in that game and he goes in strong on Ashley "Tom Daley" Young and then is shouting and bawling at him, with Young looking terrified on the touchline. Always thought that's why they tried to take him out of the game at the swamp the following season, but of course Zab was having none of that then either...

On the pitch he has given blood for the club, a true warrior, I think he genuinely understood what it is to be a City fan, no false badge kissing just genuine love.

To many highlights, but the moment that stands out for me was his interview on the pitch after our first tittle win, when he thought his first goal for the club was in that game and we looked like throwing it away, he looked and sounded how I felt at that very moment, a little tear in my eye, and what ever the future holds for Zab, there will always be a corner of Manchester that has an Argentine in its thoughts.

So many. Some important goals - in Italy, against QPR, in the derby a few years ago that got it back to 2-2. My favourite moment was the spat he had with Adebayor, when he went to Spurs on loan - summed up his passion. You can replace the player but replacing the man isn't so easy. One less leader on the pitch.

At home to Fulham 2013 when he was stretchered off in the second half. Hated seeing him get injured but loved the reaction from our supporters as we stood to a man and applauded as he was carried off..."doo doo doo, Pablo Zabaleta..."
Not a favourite moment in the true sense but the hugely emotive response that resonated, around the ground, completely cemented the indestructible bond between us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.