FC Copenhagen (A) | Post Match Thread

The Boys in Blue didn't give in, they fought to the end. Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans. You showed 'em. you showed 'em all. It wasn't to be tonight but you didn't stop trying. It won't shut the doubters up, especially our media but it doesn't stop us being the best team in the land and all the world.

EUFA corrupt lot.

We just need John Boy back. ;-) *rofl*
The DT this morning seem to be laying the disallowed goal, the pen miss and the sending off at Pep's door and it wouldn't have happened the way it did had he brought Haarland on. I suspect that every third and fourth rate hack (we are currently devoid in the English media of first and second rate hacks!) are all queuing up at the Hawthorns to test the validity of their managerial skills now Stevie B has gone.

Unfortunate to be a man down after 20 minutes, but Gomez will learn and today will feel absolutely gutted about the whole thing. He seems like a bright lad, chin up Sergio.

However considering we spent 70 minute with ten players we did okay and looked very professional.

On the plus note, it's always good to get this sort of incident where it affects the whole team, out of the way early doors.

The other scores helped and many of the team will feel fresh and ready for the scouse nobs.

Need Cancelo, Gunny and Rodders to get their energy's back for weekend, plenty of stretching and rest.
It's ironic, but if Gomez had committed the foul in the box then it's a penalty, but he stays on the pitch. We might go a goal down, but with 11 players still on the pitch there's a good chance of getting even or winning. That computation is probably too much to assimilate in the heat of battle

Gundo should have taken it for me
I don’t think it’d be sure to make a difference.
Very few penalty takers can slot it comfortably into a top corner - sometimes that’s where it goes but there’s luck in that as well.
If the ball goes in the player gets lauded no matter where the ball goes - even straight down the middle.
And great strikers regularly miss or suffer a save - Kun used to miss ‘em sometimes
IMO The 3 main things are having the balls of steel to take the penalty, then getting it on target and then the keeper not being lucky with his dive - Mahrez did both the things he had control over and I find it appalling that he’s been slated by some of our own support.

Anyhow, we didn’t win last night but it wasn’t only down to the penalty.

Last edited:
So job done in qualifying for the knockouts and the point with 10 men for 70 minutes was well-earned
first or second does not matter really, and some of the others groups are all over the place with the teams

Sorry if it’s been posted earlier but I’m certain that Spurs scored a goal in ‘that game’ where the attacking player accidentally handled the ball and scored.

I thought that the rule was changed after that to say that any handball by an attacking player that results in an advantage to the attacking team regardless of whether it was accidental or intentional would result in the goal being disallowed/free kick etc but last nights pundits seemed to be saying that the handball had to be intentional?

Anyone else remember this or am I talking horse shit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.