FC united of Bury moving on my doorstep...... :(

Swales lives said:
He smiled after scoring last night, so he will definitely have his ban overturned and probably get an apology from the FA.
Fuck, have we sold him to FCUM for a fiver?

Regardless of whether you hate the club or not, and are against them moving near to you, you could watch live footy there for a few quid! There's a real possibility that they could become a Football League club within a decade or so. Just think outside the box and set up a chippy right around the corner; you'd make a killing.

Might be an idea to read this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downloads/1A_-_FC_United.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downl ... United.pdf</a>

Viva Rivaldo said:
Swales lives said:
He smiled after scoring last night, so he will definitely have his ban overturned and probably get an apology from the FA.
Fuck, have we sold him to FCUM for a fiver?

Regardless of whether you hate the club or not, and are against them moving near to you, you could watch live footy there for a few quid! There's a real possibility that they could become a Football League club within a decade or so. Just think outside the box and set up a chippy right around the corner; you'd make a killing.

No thanks, I already watch footy at a reasonable price at City, no need to step foot in that place.

It's not about making a killing from a chippy, it's about the fact that a massive parkland will be destroyed, and the thing will look a state slap bang in the middle of what surrounds it. It will make it hell for the residents in the surrounding area as it simply cannot cope with 5000 people descending upon it each week.

It's about giving people nice areas to live in, not ripping it up for the sake of a small football club that want their own ground. I understand why they want their own ground, every football club would, but the fact is that they've got a ground share as it is.

It used to be a communal ground that people could use, but then it went over to Moston Juniors, now FCUM. Nobody can use it now, and the only area kids have to play on is the concrete park next to it that has a small concrete football pitch with small 5-a-side nets. I used to play on there a few years ago, and it always used to kick off because there would be loads of groups wanting to use the same pitch. The grassland with nets next to it used to solve this as we'd just go onto there and have a kick around instead. That can't happen now. Also, even though there are plans to allow kids to use the ground to play footy on (this won't happen because of the state of the ground/pitches will get into), the land was not simply used for football, or exclusively by kids, so a whole section of the community are left out.

The fact of the matter is, the park will be replaced by an ugly football ground (they all are, even ours) in the middle of a community. This isn't the same as COMS or the swamp because they're out of the way and not right in the middle of where people live, at least not to the extent of Moston.

But of course the council will have an answer for everything and will disregard complaints.

Some people think I may be nuts to come on here, but I'll offer to clear up a few misconceptions...

Whilst Ten Acres Lane has been deemed financially unviable by the council, MCC had already committed funding to Ronald Johnson for an alternative project long before the government directed cuts. The council wants FCUM and its community programme in Manchester, which is why it is planning to help with the Moston site. £750k hasn't suddenly been found, it had already been allocated, and not initially for FCUM's benefit.

The council has given the club an agreement that they will support FCUM. The council cannot guarantee planning permission for the development as this is a statutory process beyond their control. However, just as at Ten Acres Lane FCUM will look to work closely with the residents in the new area to consult them about the plans, develop facilities for their benefit and hopefully bring them on board. Consultation is both a statutory requirement and something the club want to do in a meaningful way.

Residents may campaign against building on the alternative site, although that in itself doesn’t automatically mean the club wouldn’t get planning permission. The club do of course want residents to want the club there and will work with them to get their support and consult them. The club constitution binds them to delivering benefit to local communities, and showing how they will do this will help ensure residents are onside.

Personally speaking, I think the whole project would benefit the area on a number of levels, not least community engagement, regeneration and employment. Yep, we're red, and that'll grate with many on here, but we think this is a positive move by the council and the club for the area, and believe that the fact we are 'rags' shouldn't be an obstacle in a scheme that will be of long term benefit to the community.

I'm sure I'll get a proper slagging for even daring to look, let alone contribute to this forum, but as your discussion shows up fairly high on search engine rankings, I come in peace and thought I'd address some of your issues. I don't expect you to roll out the welcome mat, but there you have it, any questions you want answering, I'll give it a go...

Peace and love...

An FCUM fan, Burnage.

Viva Rivaldo said:
Is there any argument to say that gripes amongst locals would be counterbalanced by an upturn in local economy on matchdays?

Immediately around the ground there are 2-3 newsagents, a launderette and a pizza place. As it is mostly a residential area, there isn't any room for shops. there is one pub that is next to me, but it isn't a big pub and so won't be able to cope with the away fans, let alone the home fans.

There is Moston Lane, about 10-15mins walk away, but half of that is either closed down, barbers or poundshops. There are a couple of pubs along this stretch of road (about a mile long), but it's not really enough to sustain a football club and fans. If money was going towards the regeneration of this shopping street then maybe, yes, but the council, nor FCUM have the money to be able to do this, therefore the local economy won't really be benefitted much, it will just be the Asda, which is in Harpurhey anyway, not Moston.

As mentioned before in this thread by myself, there is not the infrastructure around the are to accomodate so many fans eg. parking. the only solution I can see is if they build a massive carpark next to it, thus destorying more greenland on that site, or they do it on another parksite on the other side of Lightbowne Rd, destorying it on two sites.

Also previously mentioned, the main gripe (yes I don't want FCUM there because I'm a City fan, but that was not my immediate reaction, believe it or not) is that they are building on greenland, and there's plenty of brown sites in other places to build on. It is not necessary to build on this. They've got a failed SureStart on there and are probably trying to recoup some money.

-- Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:58 am --

AndyFcum said:
Might be an idea to read this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downloads/1A_-_FC_United.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downl ... United.pdf</a>

Thanks, I've been trying to find info but the site kept giving me the 404 error. I'll have a read.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:08 am --<br /><br />
M72 said:
Some people think I may be nuts to come on here, but I'll offer to clear up a few misconceptions...

Whilst Ten Acres Lane has been deemed financially unviable by the council, MCC had already committed funding to Ronald Johnson for an alternative project long before the government directed cuts. The council wants FCUM and its community programme in Manchester, which is why it is planning to help with the Moston site. £750k hasn't suddenly been found, it had already been allocated, and not initially for FCUM's benefit.

The council has given the club an agreement that they will support FCUM. The council cannot guarantee planning permission for the development as this is a statutory process beyond their control. However, just as at Ten Acres Lane FCUM will look to work closely with the residents in the new area to consult them about the plans, develop facilities for their benefit and hopefully bring them on board. Consultation is both a statutory requirement and something the club want to do in a meaningful way.

Residents may campaign against building on the alternative site, although that in itself doesn’t automatically mean the club wouldn’t get planning permission. The club do of course want residents to want the club there and will work with them to get their support and consult them. The club constitution binds them to delivering benefit to local communities, and showing how they will do this will help ensure residents are onside.

Personally speaking, I think the whole project would benefit the area on a number of levels, not least community engagement, regeneration and employment. Yep, we're red, and that'll grate with many on here, but we think this is a positive move by the council and the club for the area, and believe that the fact we are 'rags' shouldn't be an obstacle in a scheme that will be of long term benefit to the community.

I'm sure I'll get a proper slagging for even daring to look, let alone contribute to this forum, but as your discussion shows up fairly high on search engine rankings, I come in peace and thought I'd address some of your issues. I don't expect you to roll out the welcome mat, but there you have it, any questions you want answering, I'll give it a go...

Peace and love...

An FCUM fan, Burnage.

Thanks for replying.

Looking at it from a neutral way, removing City glasses for a minute.

I have no problem with FCUM, as a football club, having a ground in Moston. However, there are better sites for it that (a) don't require greenland to be built on (b) has better commercial infrastructure to support the build (c) has better parking facilities (d) will not look out of place with a football ground being built there.

Have you seen the site where it is supposedly going to be? Ypu will see that unless they clear the whole of the park, which is a vast area, there won't be enough room to build the ground, parking, food outlets, shops etc.

Regarding the planning permission, if the council has given it's backing to the project then there's no way that it will be denied, even if every single resident was against it.

Again, I reiterate that, for me at least, it is not about City Vs United, it's about the site it is being built on.

Do you know why the council deemed the Ten Acres site to be financially unviable? There is far more surrounding area around that site to support the build than there is in Moston.

I'm sure local residents of Moston would be happy just to have the grass mowed every couple of weeks and the money earmarked to develop the site be given to FCUM to move to the Ten Acres site.

played on the part of the site many times over the years

used to live on woodstock road on the miners back in the 80s
they also had a speed bike track and had race meetings on the sunday

great days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.