FC United - Oral Hearing - judge rejects appeal (p 82)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester City Council Loan FC United £550K and.....

Crouchinho said:
£1 a year? Am I misreading? This is a wind up right?!

I wish it was! The whole sorry story reeks of many underhand dealings and shitting all over local Moston residents.
The board of FC United - as desperate as they are to secure a new home - should hang their heads in shame being party to this whilst claiming ''community benefits'' at the same time.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Crouchinho said:

I wish it was! The whole sorry story reeks of many underhand dealings and shitting all over local Moston residents.
The board of FC United - as desperate as they are to secure a new home - should hang their heads in shame being party to this whilst claiming ''community benefits'' at the same time.

It's the most baffling thing I've ever heard. Very fishy indeed.

I don't know the ins and outs of FC United 100% but they opposed the yanks leeching off the fans and bringing debt to the club.

Now this team is leeching off the taxpayer and not paying it back. Well 1 quid a year back to the council

Crouchinho said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Crouchinho said:

It's the most baffling thing I've ever heard. Very fishy indeed.

I don't know the ins and outs of FC United 100% but they opposed the yanks leeching off the fans and bringing debt to the club.

Now this team is leeching off the taxpayer and not paying it back. Well 1 quid a year back to the council

The £1 a year is to lease the land - 12.5 acres for ONE POUND a year!!!

They will then have to pay back the loan of £550,000 (with interest at a rate yet to be set, and at no financial loss to the council).
But who will act as guarantor? What happens if they default or go bust? Who picks up the tab then? The club will have no assets other than a stadium which will be of use to no one.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Apparently, FCUM have a shortfall of £550K in gathering funds to build their unwanted (by local Moston residents) 5000 capacity stadium.
So hard up Manchester city council are prepared to loan FCUM the half million shortfall AND are also leasing the land off to FCUM - TWELVE AND A HALF ACRES - and the land has been valued at the sum of £1 - yes ONE POUND for 12.5 acres they will only charge them £1 a year in rent!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downloads/RonaldJohnson.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downl ... ohnson.pdf</a>

Nice to know that when the lollipop men and women are being laid off, meals on wheels and other care workers and services to the most vulnerable being cut, the council have been able to give a semi professional football club with shareholders, a total sum of £1.3m - 550K of it a loan and also give them a green area of land for the sum of £1.

This whole situation has been rigged from the start and is frankly, quite scandalous.

Bloody hell, you would think there wasn´t an agenda in football.

Just a suggestion !! Maybe if someone spotted an endangered Newt or a natter jack toad in the said area for the stadium they would have to do a field study which takes a long time and costs a Fooking fortune some times six figures.

Bobbins said:
Just a suggestion !! Maybe if someone spotted an endangered Newt or a natter jack toad in the said area for the stadium they would have to do a field study which takes a long time and costs a Fooking fortune some times six figures.

We've done it all - had the Bats Protection Society out there. Bats use the field for foraging and entry / exit into Broadhurst Clough. There are water voles in the clough too.
Yet the council insist that wildlife, including the bats, will not be seriously affected. Yet the astroturf pitch will be floodlit 6 nights a week in the darker nights.
Every objection going has been brushed aside.

This from the council link in my original post
8.8 Adverse effect on wildlife: The Planning and Highways Committee considered
the comments of the Head of Planning who had consulted the Greater
Manchester Ecology Unit. GMEU concluded that the development would not
have a significant impact on a nearby Site of Biological Importance and would
not cause significant disturbance to the local bat population.
8.9 Although the proposals will affect local wildlife it is considered that the effect is not significant.

Bobbins said:

If someone wanted to be really mischievous, they could apply for the land to have "village green" status. Doesn't have to be green, doesn't have to be in a village, but need to prove that people have used it for sports and pastimes (which could just be walking over it) for at least 20 years I believe. Procedure would delay/prevent development.

I am of course not recommending this course of action whatsoever.

beehive_bob said:
Bobbins said:

If someone wanted to be really mischievous, they could apply for the land to have "village green" status. Doesn't have to be green, doesn't have to be in a village, but need to prove that people have used it for sports and pastimes (which could just be walking over it) for at least 20 years I believe. Procedure would delay/prevent development.

Yup - we tried that too! :(

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
beehive_bob said:
Bobbins said:

Just out of interest, what scuppered you there?

beehive_bob said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
beehive_bob said:

Just out of interest, what scuppered you there?

Can't remember exactly, there was a few of us, all with different organisations to contact for different reasons. Will ask the person who contacted them. It may have been because according to the proposals, sports would continue on the field. I shall ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.