FC United Thread

I think the difference is FC U M fans - as co-owners - voted to enter the FA Cup fully aware of the implications around TV scheduling and therefore to say ''fuck you'' when they could have vetoed the entry into the competition seems very hollow (did the club or members vote to refuse the 67K TV money? I doubt it).
As romantic as it sounds, you cannot agree to enter the FA Cup and then demand to enter it only upon your terms when you don't agree with certain rules.
I get fully the ethos behind the running of FC UM and their ''principles'' but the higher up they go, the more they have to accept that they (unfortunately) have to toe the line and just get on with it. The posturing after the event makes them look like rebels without a cause.
By all means campaign to change the rules - but don't agree to the rules and then demand change.

They should not have entered then the hypocrites. I seem to remember one of the reasons they formed was because of TV ruining football. They've taken the TV dollar twice already. Joke club.

This is the thing with all these newly formed clubs.They start out based on good intentions to try and do things different,better,get back to grass roots etcetera. That is fine for a while but ambition takes over until they have to 'sell out' to prosper and if the success continues they become the monster they ran from in the first place.

Watched a bit of it after half time and was shocked that the commentator had to apologise to the viewers for the swearing in the chanting - never heard a commentator do that before. Also, Anarchy in the UK is a shit choice for a football song.

Couldn't watch it, way too raggy to me. Considering they claim they want their own identity it looked very scum like right down to the chants.

Durham about to have a rant at FC Rags, Salford City rags and the original rags, ''what the hell is going on in Gtr Manchester''

This is the thing with all these newly formed clubs.They start out based on good intentions to try and do things different,better,get back to grass roots etcetera. That is fine for a while but ambition takes over until they have to 'sell out' to prosper and if the success continues they become the monster they ran from in the first place.
Four legs good, two legs better.

From a Chesterfield fan on another board talking about the atmosphere:
" much of it was anti Man City/Leeds/BT rather than actual getting behind the players."

Bunch of muppets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.