FC United Thread

United of Bury fans won't be bothered that they went out, they went out, United of Trafford and United of Salford are still in.

I quite like non league football and I like the idea of a fan run club. I'd consider going to watch one when City are away if it wasn't just a mini United - if it was just a club representing Manchester.

Salford are also trying to make themselves into a mini United; the first thing the Class of Vincent Tan did was change the colours to red. Gary Neville says he wants 25k crowds and Championship football. It just isn't possible for a mini United to achieve that - they have put off half of their potential future fan base (City fans) and the other half will only see them as a second team. If they tried to create a club that represented all the people of Salford (population more than Wigan and Burnley combined - 2 recent PL teams) then, given time, they might just have achieved their ambition.

This is the thing with all these newly formed clubs.They start out based on good intentions to try and do things different,better,get back to grass roots etcetera. That is fine for a while but ambition takes over until they have to 'sell out' to prosper and if the success continues they become the monster they ran from in the first place.

Nail on the head. But remember, this shower were paying amateurs to play when they first began.

United of Bury fans won't be bothered that they went out, they went out, United of Trafford and United of Salford are still in.

I quite like non league football and I like the idea of a fan run club. I'd consider going to watch one when City are away if it wasn't just a mini United - if it was just a club representing Manchester.

Salford are also trying to make themselves into a mini United; the first thing the Class of Vincent Tan did was change the colours to red. Gary Neville says he wants 25k crowds and Championship football. It just isn't possible for a mini United to achieve that - they have put off half of their potential future fan base (City fans) and the other half will only see them as a second team. If they tried to create a club that represented all the people of Salford (population more than Wigan and Burnley combined - 2 recent PL teams) then, given time, they might just have achieved their ambition.

That's an interesting take on things

Imagine if for example a new football team in Manchester was formed..like Manchester Central rose from the ashes..would be interesting to see a team that both supporters of red and blue could potentially follow as a neutral secondary Manchester FC

FCUM are never going anywhere fast now with Salford city and the backing from boys of 92 they will be gone in under 2 years there fans and so called loyalty to FCUM will soon be heading to Salford city or a merger with FCUM will see Salford moving to moston

you heard it here first

FCUM are never going anywhere fast now with Salford city and the backing from boys of 92 they will be gone in under 2 years there fans and so called loyalty to FCUM will soon be heading to Salford city or a merger with FCUM will see Salford moving to moston

you heard it here first

That's a good point, is there any back door involvement from the official rag team for salford, I'm sure the rags are still a bit pissed off with fcum and would like to see the back off them.

That's a good point, is there any back door involvement from the official rag team for salford, I'm sure the rags are still a bit pissed off with fcum and would like to see the back off them.
They have done it before.

maybe go and see maine road fc ?

The beeb have Salford on live again in the next round,they just love the class of 92 don't they I wonder when the next rags documentary will be on.Just remembered I think the Belfast boy will be on soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.