Feeling flat?

I always feel a bit flat at the end of the season, it takes it out of us and not just the players.

I'll be ready 'to go' again in August.

Summer sport will mainly be Le Tour & Olympics with just a little bit of footie thrown in.

Hopefully the players can get some sort of R&R before it all kicks off again.
Withdraw from the CS.
It’s bollocks to go down there again to pay for the FAs debts.
Play a couple of internal CITY games, first team squad then the academy squad.

Free for all season ticket etc holders.

Fuck the FA, what have they ever done for us !!
I always feel a bit flat at the end of the season, it takes it out of us and not just the players.

Summer sport will mainly be Le Tour & Olympics with just a little bit of footie thrown in.

aw

Part of me feels like maybe I need to stay away from this forum for the summer. I know long term, local fans have a totally different experience than I do, so I can’t totally judge their response but it’s completely depressing in here. Criticism of players, seemingly erasing anything good they did this year. “Everyone has to go” in the transfer posts. Everyone pretending they’re an expert in the effects of alcohol. “Worst day of my life” posts about Saturday. I feel like everyone needs to step back, realize these players are human and don’t owe anyone anything no matter how much they make..and think about the absolute joy they’ve brought us over the years. I like this forum a lot, but it definitely affects how I feel.

Withdraw from the CS.
It’s bollocks to go down there again to pay for the FAs debts.
Play a couple of internal CITY games, first team squad then the academy squad.

Free for all season ticket etc holders.

Fuck the FA, what have they ever done for us !!

aw
By August I meant the league mate but the rest of your reply is spot on.

We’ve had a stronger season than I expected. I thought we would finish second and win the FA Cup. Losing on Saturday was very disappointing but capturing a fourth consecutive title is a magnificent achievement.

Next season is a worry if Pep is going to be leaving us next year. I fear we won’t be very active in the transfer market, which might ultimately cost us in the title race.
Let’s hope he wants to go out with a bang

Part of me feels like maybe I need to stay away from this forum for the summer. I know long term, local fans have a totally different experience than I do, so I can’t totally judge their response but it’s completely depressing in here. Criticism of players, seemingly erasing anything good they did this year. “Everyone has to go” in the transfer posts. Everyone pretending they’re an expert in the effects of alcohol. “Worst day of my life” posts about Saturday. I feel like everyone needs to step back, realize these players are human and don’t owe anyone anything no matter how much they make..and think about the absolute joy they’ve brought us over the years. I like this forum a lot, but it definitely affects how I feel.
I work in the alcohol guidance field - it's this aspect that i'm truly astounded at - Alcohol affects your REM stage of sleep - crucial for rehab and refreshing - top level pro's need more of this rest and quality. To be drinking (maybe heavily) within a week of a cup final - fk me...other teams t=yesteryear were taken to the coast for a mini training camp - often to get the teams head on - we did everything (or allowed everything) to achieve the opposite - It seems - we played like that anyway first half = just gutted really as it was self inflicted (It seems!)

Yeah its such a great summer of sport lined up once the euros get going its going to be great. Euros, Olympics, Tour de france, T20 world cup, Wimbledon, British and US Open, European champs and diamond league in athletics plus loads more. Be nice to switch off from City and enjoy the summer of sport.

I work in the alcohol guidance field - it's this aspect that i'm truly astounded at - Alcohol affects your REM stage of sleep - crucial for rehab and refreshing - top level pro's need more of this rest and quality. To be drinking (maybe heavily) within a week of a cup final - fk me...other teams t=yesteryear were taken to the coast for a mini training camp - often to get the teams head on - we did everything (or allowed everything) to achieve the opposite - It seems - we played like that anyway first half = just gutted really as it was self inflicted (It seems!)
as an expert you certainly have the right to discuss this. And I don’t want to belabor this anymore than it already has been. And yes, it’s certainly not ideal. But we don’t really know who drank or how much. And they have had their REM sleep disrupted throughout their careers from travel and stress and crazy tourney schedules. And they have doctors at their disposal to ensure they are functioning in peak condition. To me, it’s like arguing about bringing someone back from injury too soon - we just really do not have the info to judge.

Imagine how pep & the team feel. It’s not just this season, mentally & physically we have been pushed for several years by Liverpool & arsenal.

It’s been superb but also mentally draining. Utd loss just tipped us over the edge because 9 out of 10 games we know we win that game.

A few new signings & a summer break will get us all going again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.