Feeling flat?

I didn't believe we were going to win the league to the very end and to be honest it still look incredulous achievement considering we had two teams we had to push to the very end.

And then came that FA cup that was so bad it fell into the category of every single important game we lost or drew this season (ok ok, I know we won at Spurs).

So yes, I feel a bit flat.

I always kept saying " we'll win the league" on here this season but in my gut, i thought we'd fall short as we weren't playing as we can.
To win the title this season was a huge achievement anyway but to make it 4 in a row is astonishing.
I felt flat about the Utd loss for a bit but i now sit back and just think about the 4 in a row, there's a reason it hasn't been done before in England.
I do understand feeling a bit deflated after losing the final but just keep reminding yourself about the 4 in a row, it could very well never be beaten.....unless we win it next season ha

I always kept saying " we'll win the league" on here this season but in my gut, i thought we'd fall short as we weren't playing as we can.
To win the title this season was a huge achievement anyway but to make it 4 in a row is astonishing.
I felt flat about the Utd loss for a bit but i now sit back and just think about the 4 in a row, there's a reason it hasn't been done before in England.
I do understand feeling a bit deflated after losing the final but just keep reminding yourself about the 4 in a row, it could very well never be beaten.....unless we win it next season ha
We have to win it next season. The boiling pot will have completely evaporated by then:)
5 in a row surely. The young lads need to emerge more than ever now. Rico, Bobb and . . . .

I don't feel flat, it's more exhausted - this felt like an extremely long season after the treble and I was amazed at our players having the mental resolve and will to win again.

For the last 4 seasons we've been into April & May looking to win 3 trophies, almost every game being must win under extreme pressure. It's incredibly exciting but it does become mentally draining. I never expected City to become the winning force we are now, Guardiola and this group of players totally changed my perspective on football and what can be achieved. I felt they were worn out by the Madrid games, but found the grit to get the title won - they deserve immense credit from all of us.

The exhaustion is exacerbated by the constant drone from moronic supporters of the red clubs and the predictable reaction to anything the club or we as supporters do. If it's not 115, it's 'no fans' or parade patrols etc. Or journalists treating City fans as this one big lump and being told how we feel, or how we celebrated something.

The comfort blanket articles written for these weak minded clowns so they can feel it wasn't their clubs failings, it was due to City 'cheating' or buying the league. That they're still the 'biggest and best' club and the whole football world revolves around them.

I'm sure I'll be ready for next season but it feels like it's time to take a step back for a few weeks.

Can't say I feel that flat after the last few years we've had. Next season could be a weird one if Pep does go & we know before the season ends. Could be an emotional one.

As for the 115 chat that everyone is getting - remember, it's cause they've all got fuck all else to spout at us - nothing positive to say about their own club's failures. Just as the other social media seems to be "no one's bothered about City's four in a row" or "they didn't celebrate it enough". They're all clutching at straws and they know it. Half of them are from London, Nigeria or anywhere as far away from actually going the match it's laughable.

We're still in the most remarkable period of our club's history and of any club's history. Just try and enjoy it for what it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.