Fellow FOC's thank you.

1961,Come on son,said the old fellow let's go and see Tottenham double winning side play City .
We beat them 6-0,I was hooked.
9 year old Fallowfield lad,used to walk from home to my Grandads on Yew Tree Road,if it was a first team match or reserves,he would take me to Maine Road.
We watched the promotion from the old second division under Mercer/Allison and then winning the first division together before he became ill with cancer,he stayed round long enough to see us beat Leicester in the cup final .
I took over his season ticket in that season and the glory years carried on,winning the league Cup and the cup winners cup.
Wow,this was easy,I thought.
Then the internal politics within the club started and other than fleeting moments we were on a downward spiral, that got worse and worse, culminating in relegation to the old 3rd division .
How much worse,could it get ,well it did,York.
Then something happened, how we don't know and I didn't care,we somehow got to the play off final against Gillingham and we nearly ballsed it up.
The gods were with us and we got through it,and the following year,promotion at Blackburn, we were back.
The ensuing years,were up and down, still financially unstable as a club,Thaskin came and went,but by some sort of miracle, he found us a buyer,a saviour, whatever you want to call him.
The rest they say is history (except we have no history, according to our detractors)
Hughes,Mancini, Pellegrini and now Pep,they have all contributed along the way.
The great players ,who they said were only here for the money but stayed for a decade.
Silva,Aguero, Yaya, Kompany, Tevez to name but a few.
The centurions, I didn't think it could get better, it did.
Little City the butt of all jokes,everyone's second team when we weren't a threat to the big boys,have had the temerity to be crowned the best club side in all the world.
Five trophies in one season, well none of you have done that and probably won't.
To the friends I have made past and present, we lived the dream,we never gave up,as my old friend Tom Ritchie said "never get out of the boat"we are and always will be "City till we die"

Last edited:
You’re welcome! :-)
Hopefully we go on to finish above the Rags now for every single season in our remaining years. That for me would round it all off. What a fucking ride it has been and I wouldn’t change a single second of any of it. Up the Blues!
Hear hear. I salute you for so eloquently expressing my thoughts. As my user name indicates my City interest began with the 69 Cup Final, my early teen years we won trophies. Living without from 76 to 2011 sure made for an interesting,entertaining and desperate experience. And tbh what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so our wilderness years toughened many of us up. I wouldn't change much - or maybe not!! Get rid of PJ Swales and not sign Rodney Marsh in 72 amongst a few that spring to mind...

1961,Come on son,said the old fellow let's go and see Tottenham double winning side play City .
9 year old Fallowfield lad,used to walk from home to my Grandads on Yew Tree Road,if it was a first team match or reserves,he would take me to Maine Road.
We watched the promotion from the old second division under Mercer/Allison and then winning the first division together before he became ill with cancer,he stayed round along enough to see us beat Leicester in the cup final .
I took over his season ticket I that season and the glory years carried on,winning the league Cup and the cup winners cup.
Then the internal politics within the club started and other than fleeting moments we were on a downward spiral, that got worse and worse, culminating in relegation to the old 3rd division .
How much worse,could it get well it did,York.
Then something happened, how we don't know and I didn't care,we somehow got to the play off final against Gillingham and we nearly ballsed it up.
The gods were with us and we got through it,and the following year,promotion at Blackburn, we were back.
The ensuing years,were up and down, still financially unstable as a club,Thaskin came and went,but by some sort of miracle, he found us a buyer,a saviour, whatever you want to call him.
The rest they say is history (except we have no history, according to our detractors)
The great players ,who they said were only here for the money but stayed for a decade.
Little City the butt of all jokes,everyone's second team when we weren't a threat to the big boys,have had the temerity to be crowned the best club side in all the world.
Five trophies in one season, well none of you have done that and probably won't.
To the friends I have made past and present, we lived the dream,we never gave up,as my old friend Tom Ritchie said "never get out of the boat"we are and always will be "City till we die"
I love this x

Well said old man If the Sheikh hadn't happened then we know, now, that it would have been touch and go as to the club's survival
What we do know is that the fans would have stood with the club in fact being a Mancunians our backing would have become stronger

We watched the promotion from the old second division under Mercer/Allison and then winning the first division together before he became ill with cancer,he stayed round along enough to see us beat Leicester in the cup final .
I took over his season ticket I that season and the glory years carried on,winning the league Cup and the cup winners cup.
How much worse,could it get well it did,York.
Put this in the next Match Programme!

Wow I just want to say thank you to all our fellow FOC's to ones still here and to the ones sadly departed. ( miss you dad )

We stood shoulder to shoulder through the shit times and than the even shitter times.
We had bananas, self mocking songs we turned up in our 10's of thousands for each game, through the Manchester rain. We walked through the dog shit alleys of Maine Road passed the bloke with the 'end of the world is nigh' of the hope of a City win.

We never lost our manc dry humour, yes we demonstrated against Swales but we still turned up.

Even down here in the saff I would see fellow City and we would have a chat, it was a rare thing to see a City fan down saff. That is changing fast !

it was a challenge to keep our off spring as blues but most managed it. Teasing at school etc

It's been worth the journey and I wouldn't change it for the world. The worst we got the stronger my faith in my home town club grew.

City and Oasis kept me going

I just wanted to say thank you to fellow FOC's it's been one fucking journey, now our kids take us to the Etihad as our old and knackered bodies start to slow up.

Thank you FOC's and thank you to our off spring who followed our believe and support for Manchester City the best team and club in all the World.

My ramble is over have a great Christmas blues
Amen to all of that my friend. It’s been a rollercoaster since my first ever game in 1982 (which I actually fell asleep at) and my word us old fuckers (I’m 50 next month) deserve this and it makes it all the better sharing these moments with my parents who are still here to enjoy these times too. I’m so sorry for any blues whose loved ones are no longer with us to share these magical times with us but I’m sure they’re all looking down on us from heaven with smiles on their faces and tears in their eyes knowing we are in a moment of sheer wonder courtesy of our owners, manager and players.

CITY CITY CITY CITY CITY CITY!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.