Fellow FOC's thank you.

Excellent post & lovely sentiments. I jumped on the City bandwagon when I got taken to see them in the F.A. Cup final, the one v. Newcastle, it's been a wonderful and sometimes horrible journey ever since. Across the years and from across the miles Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
And you scored in the Final.

I wouldn't change a single thing. Character building memories.
Colin Bells comeback.
Wembley 76
Wembley 81 twice
Alf Fucking Grey
Full Members Cup Final
Arthur Albiston own goal.
David Fucking Pleat
5-1
Oasis at Maine road
Stuart Fucking Pearce
York away
Chesterfield away
Relegated at Stoke
Wemvbley 99
Promoted at Blackburn.

So many people with Fucking as their middle name!!

After all the above it was hard to believe I'd see City play at Barcelona Real Madrid, PSG. Bayern Munich etc..
Turning point for me was beating Utd in semi at Wembley....that was Redemption Day.
Best team in all the land and all the world.

Remember coming out on to the concourse after beating the rags and went down on my knees, arms in the air shouting "THERE IS A GOD", you could tell which coppers were rags.

Yes definitely Foc 72 soon,first game 62 Birmingham lost 4-1 Pardoes debut.Remember stood under the old scoreboard open end when it was pissing down to keep dry,Also 8,000 crowds for league games we we're proper shit back then.Outside Maine road chanting Sack Mac sack Mac (Les McDowell) I was just a kid but remember it well,collecting the tockens for the cup final 69 plus having to rip all the fronts from the away programmes to get my final ticket.First away game Blackburn mid week aged just 11 told mother it was at Maine road me and my mate jumped on train dont know what time we got back but big trouble Lol.I could write a book about me and City but will stop now.CTID.
TC used to talk about chants of sack Mac

My wife says I mumble too much and have aches and pains in parts I cannot reach. Who cares! From the Kippax in the 60's to the top of the world! I can shout best team in the land and all the world with the best of them. Merry Christmas to all out there. Especially the foc.
We seem to be the peas from the same pod. And talking of pees :) I do that quite often during a day. ;) Likewise ref aches and pains and the Kippax. Wonderful time being a Blue.

I concur with all the other FOCs here.
First game 1963 was the central league and first full game was following year but continued to go to reserve matches with my brothers until we became full time first teamers in 1965.
Platt lane first then graduated to the kippax, North stand then back to kippax.
Started taking my boys in the North Stand then the new kippax then the Maine Stand , now CB stand. So many experiences to look back on. Been all over the world with my lads and City and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Great times !!

Yes, it has been some ride. My first game was 54 or 55. Aged 5. Dad passed me over the turnstiles and when I got to big for that I crawled under he then left me on the wall behind the goal at the scoreboard end. I was confused for many years after we lost the cup in 55 but won it 56. Dad listened to it on the radio and we both cheered at the final whistle. Days in the Kippax, Trautmans testimonial. In my early/ mid teens in the Kippax with my 4 mates (one of whom married my sister - both mad City fans still). Joining the army was character forming to say the least. The p1ss taking as I went around the world (oh! There is another team in Manchester besides the rag?) Third tier and still at it but the p1ss taking is worse.

To think we are now the best team in the land and all the world but sadly the man who set me off on this journey passed in 79 but he is still watching us from 'the extra tier at the Etihad'. He would have been so proud. Thanks Dad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.