Ferguson **Confirmed Retired** (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Slurgie **Confirmed Retired** (merged)

Manchester United chief executive David Gill, speaking to MUTV: "We have to look forward now and I think any manager coming in will inherit a great squad and great staff around him. It is a dream job. I won't speculate on the announcement but I think we will move relatively quickly.

"In Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex we got in managers who got involved in all aspects of the club. That degree of loyalty is crucial to the success of Manchester United. He (the next manager) needs the required football experience in terms of domestic and European requirements, so it is a small pool."

As I read through that I saw loyalty and thought that's Mourinho out, then I read needs expereince in europe and thought that's Moyes out. Confused!

jelly and ice cream time on saturday then!!
i personally think he has retired today because it will be all over the papers for weeks and weeks which will mean that we wont get as much attention with the fa cup

good riddance to the ****!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's open season at United from now on.

From the media to the referees.

Now we will truly see the full extent this horrible man has had on the game.
Bacon will still have an awful lot of power there. I reckon the media will still be shit scared.

I know people on here aren't Jose's biggest fans but really the guy hurt Ferguson beyond belief. He wanted a third trophy in Europe because of Paisley's record at Liverpool.

Jose ended that chance.

The guy they want to replace them is going to a domestic rival and they get an 'also ran' who even Laudrup in his first season has bettered.

So happy it's untrue. The Cup will top it off.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I agree
There's no manager coming into that club who can control the media like he did..

bugsyblue said:
It will certainly help the old pisshead moving upstairs but is anyone else feeling that this won't effect them as much as everyone thinks?

I agree that there probably won't be any immediate ramifications in terms of poorer results on the pitch as his influence will still be present throughout the club but whoever comes in will have an incredibly tough job in emulating his achievements. That said, they're such a huge money-making machine so even if they make the wrong appointment I can't realistically see beyond only a minimal decline.

NipHolmes said:
I know people on here aren't Jose's biggest fans but really the guy hurt Ferguson beyond belief. He wanted a third trophy in Europe because of Paisley's record at Liverpool.

Jose ended that chance.

The guy they want to replace them is going to a domestic rival and they get an 'also ran' who even Laudrup in his first season has bettered.

So happy it's untrue. The Cup will top it off.

The cull has not even started mate.

Plenty of backroom staff also out the door.

bugsyblue said:
It will certainly help the old pisshead moving upstairs but is anyone else feeling that this won't effect them as much as everyone thinks?

Don't underestimate how significant this is, his departure is the inevitable end of the cycle, he knows it and everybody else knows it, they'll compete but never have the starting influence over teams like they have done for 20 years - Fergusons genius is the ability to weave players from all ends of the spectrum into a collective, turning ok players into good, good players into very good, the very good into exceptional, no other manager in world football could of taken that squad and pissed the league like they have this year, that includes your jose's, klopps and peps!!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Will missing children come from the basement of the swamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.