Ferguson written letter to fans

From a couple of seasons ago:

Mike Ashley’s sports shop chain has issued a big apology after one of its employees allowed a Manchester United fan to have customised printing based on Hillsborough victims on the back of football top. The fan Colm Jackson paid £55 for a shirt had the slogan ‘YSB 96 NOT ENOUGH’ ( which is a total disgrace) printed at the Sports Direct in the Arndale Centre in Manchester

12.jpg

manimanc said:
and utd fans didn`t sing city going down like a russian submarine towards the end of season 2000/2001 did they not????

go on,shoo shoo with your double standards..
If that's aimed at me, what double standards? This is a thread about a letter asking fans to refrain from all such chants...for some reason people find a need to turn it into a Utd/City thing. It isn't, and shouldn't be.

To answer the question, yes Utd fans (myself included) did sing that. The chant was about City going down, not about the Kursk tragedy but using a Russian submarine as an analogy was wrong. I'm sorry we sung it, I'm particularly sorry that I joined in singing it. Once it was realised that it was actually an offensive chant the words were changed to yellow submarine, with hindsight that should have been the case from the start.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:24 pm --<br /><br />
pinder10 said:

Mike Ashley’s sports shop chain has issued a big apology after one of its employees allowed a Manchester United fan to have customised printing based on Hillsborough victims on the back of football top. The fan Colm Jackson paid £55 for a shirt had the slogan ‘YSB 96 NOT ENOUGH’ ( which is a total disgrace) printed at the Sports Direct in the Arndale Centre in Manchester

12.jpg
Think we all know there are some sick twats like this out there. That's exactly why Utd and Ferguson felt the need for the letter, which so many of you seem to have taken exception to.

JM Mcr said:
manimanc said:
and utd fans didn`t sing city going down like a russian submarine towards the end of season 2000/2001 did they not????

If that's aimed at me, what double standards? This is a thread about a letter asking fans to refrain from all such chants...for some reason people find a need to turn it into a Utd/City thing. It isn't, and shouldn't be.

To answer the question, yes Utd fans (myself included) did sing that. The chant was about City going down, not about the Kursk tragedy but using a Russian submarine as an analogy was wrong. I'm sorry we sung it, I'm particularly sorry that I joined in singing it. Once it was realised that it was actually an offensive chant the words were changed to yellow submarine, with hindsight that should have been the case from the start.
it wasn`t meant to be personal mate,i just remember it being sung at the time...
listen we got idiots at every club who want to be sick and vile and sing about the dead and then we got sound fans who like to chew the fat and be normal..
i hope tomorrow goes without incident,i`d expect fans from both teams to be singing their sick songs in their own pubs where they can`t be heard and get it out their systems before kick off but there is always some minority hellbent on causing shite!!
hope we remember the match and not the crowd.

manimanc said:
JM Mcr said:
manimanc said:

To answer the question, yes Utd fans (myself included) did sing that. The chant was about City going down, not about the Kursk tragedy but using a Russian submarine as an analogy was wrong. I'm sorry we sung it, I'm particularly sorry that I joined in singing it. Once it was realised that it was actually an offensive chant the words were changed to yellow submarine, with hindsight that should have been the case from the start.
it wasn`t meant to be personal mate,i just remember it being sung at the time...
listen we got idiots at every club who want to be sick and vile and sing about the dead and then we got sound fans who like to chew the fat and be normal..
i hope tomorrow goes without incident,i`d expect fans from both teams to be singing their sick songs in their own pubs where they can`t be heard and get it out their systems before kick off but there is always some minority hellbent on causing shite!!
hope we remember the match and not the crowd.

I'll second that mate.

JM Mcr said:
manimanc said:

-- Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:24 pm --

pinder10 said:

12.jpg
Think we all know there are some sick twats like this out there. That's exactly why Utd and Ferguson felt the need for the letter, which so many of you seem to have taken exception to.

Try and think about it like this, mate: Ferguson is the most poisonous **** in English football. Whatever he says, whatever he does, it's not because he's motivated to do 'the decent thing', it's because he sees some kind of benefit in it for himself. That's why the animosity on this thread, and rightly so.

JM Mcr said:
Thanks for the honest reply. I'm going to change one of the questions regarding the Hillsborough banner. I remember reading in a paper about 1990 that United fans at Old T were making noises akin to being crushed, short of breath in matches against Liverpool. Were you a fan then and do you know anything about this?
As for the last one, i read on The Republik of Mancunia that United don't sing that chant about Hillsborough but because it states 'Always' and 'Never', it is obviously not just aout Suarez.
Please tell me how any United fan can differentiate between, Hillsborough, Heysel, Micheal Sheilds when RM clearly states it is because of Heysel and Shields.
Liverpool fans paid the penalty for Heysel.
Sheilds received a royal pardon.
Liverpool fans were fully exonerated at Hillsborough.
How can RM and United fans now choose which tragedy relates to your ditty when the song clearly states ALWAYS the victim, NEVER your fault?
Personally, i believe your wonderful fans HAVE sung this about Hillsborough AND Heysel but due to the recent findings, have tried to save face.
Bearing in mind the sh1te we get due to the idiots who sing about Mun1ch, i think the moral high ground has been well and truly lost by your fans.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
JM Mcr said:
manimanc said:

-- Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:24 pm --

pinder10 said:

12.jpg

Try and think about it like this, mate: Ferguson is the most poisonous **** in English football. Whatever he says, whatever he does, it's not because he's motivated to do 'the decent thing', it's because he sees some kind of benefit in it for himself. That's why the animosity on this thread, and rightly so.
i'm often at a loss when people can't see this

Funny how the tables have been turned on Utd after the Derby a few seasons ago when both the Utd Fans and Papers were just praying we ruined the mins silence at OT, How pissed off they all were when we showed how to respect the occasion, to be honest I don't really care what happens at Anfield tomorrow, even now that Liverpool fans have got the answer they have wanted for 23 years I feel this is going to turn into something like we have seen at OT for the last 54 years and it will just carry on. There was blame on both sides and having attended games v Liverpool and Everton durring the 70s and 80s I know what their fans use to be like, and having travelled with England to over 40 away games I have also seen what their actions can be on ferrys never mind the main land. So as far as I am concerned they have the answer they have craved for but wil li tmake any difference to how both set of fans react towards each other, I don't think so, we may see some rest bite tomorrow but come the net game between them it will be no different to how it has been.
Fegie has spent the last 20 years telling us all how Liverpool are the main threat and their main rivals, well crack on your fans reaction at the Wigan game sums up your supporters to what they are really like.

CheethamHillBlue said:
JM Mcr said:
Thanks for the honest reply. I'm going to change one of the questions regarding the Hillsborough banner. I remember reading in a paper about 1990 that United fans at Old T were making noises akin to being crushed, short of breath in matches against Liverpool. Were you a fan then and do you know anything about this?
As for the last one, i read on The Republik of Mancunia that United don't sing that chant about Hillsborough but because it states 'Always' and 'Never', it is obviously not just aout Suarez.
Please tell me how any United fan can differentiate between, Hillsborough, Heysel, Micheal Sheilds when RM clearly states it is because of Heysel and Shields.
Liverpool fans paid the penalty for Heysel.
Sheilds received a royal pardon.
Liverpool fans were fully exonerated at Hillsborough.
How can RM and United fans now choose which tragedy relates to your ditty when the song clearly states ALWAYS the victim, NEVER your fault?
Personally, i believe your wonderful fans HAVE sung this about Hillsborough AND Heysel but due to the recent findings, have tried to save face.
Bearing in mind the sh1te we get due to the idiots who sing about Mun1ch, i think the moral high ground has been well and truly lost by your fans.
Having been a Utd fan from the 70s onwards I'm not sure we had any moral high ground to lose to be honest.

With regards to your 1st point no, I don't recall any fans making gasping/breathless noises back then.

On your second point, the "always the victims" chant has been sung since Suarez received his ban but refused to accept any responsibility for his actions. Noone, press and Liverpool fans included, ever commented on it or decried it for mocking Hillsborough until last weekend when, given the context, it was rightly condemned as likely to cause offence.

Of course, some fans singing it may always have had the Hillsborough tragedy in mind when they did but only they would know if that was the case.

Btw you really need to stop calling Utd fans wonderful, people may think you're a rag ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.