Fernandinho - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astounded at this.
That I don't think he deserved Motm? If I was giving ratings to our players, Id have rated Raheem, Mahrez, David, John, Zee and Bernado higher.

This is not to suggest he wasn't good. Just that he simply wasn't amongst the best. A distinction many seem to want to blur.

That I don't think he deserved Motm? If I was giving ratings to our players, Id have rated Raheem, Mahrez, David, John, Zee and Bernado higher.

This is not to suggest he wasn't good. Just that he simply wasn't amongst the best. A distinction many seem to want to blur.

Fernandinho was better than all of them with the exception of maybe Stones & Silva.

You've gotten in this stupid argument about Fernandinho in the transfer forum and now you're doubling down and being obtuse. He was almost perfect yesterday, was pinging the ball all over the place, starting attacks, made a bunch of covering tackles in the few times we lost the ball and cleaned up everything.

Then sadly for you that you don't understand football. It was one of his best games I have seen him, won everything back and fast last night. So much energy and an absolute joy to have in the team.
That must be it. For the longest time I thought it was coz I wasn't at the game to see the little runs he makes away from the ball when the camera wasn't showing it. I'm glad to know it's not that. It's simply my lack of knowledge about the game :-)

Fernandinho was better than all of them with the exception of maybe Stones & Silva.

You've gotten in this stupid argument about Fernandinho in the transfer forum and now you're doubling down. He was almost perfect yesterday, was pinging the ball all over the place, starting attacks, made a bunch of covering tackles in the few times we lost the ball and cleaned up everything.
Why do you believe so? What specifically made you conclude this?

You've gotten in this stupid argument about Fernandinho in the transfer forum and now you're doubling down and being obtuse. He was almost perfect yesterday, was pinging the ball all over the place, starting attacks, made a bunch of covering tackles in the few times we lost the ball and cleaned up everything.
The former might be true, but it doesn't change how I view the latter. Which is a factual analysis of each players performance

That must be it. For the longest time I thought it was coz I wasn't at the game to see the little runs he makes away from the ball when the camera wasn't showing it. I'm glad to know it's not that. It's simply my lack of knowledge about the game :-)

Not even off the ball stuff because I would say he won the ball back more than anyone easily last night, he was immense.

Not even off the ball stuff because I would say he won the ball back more than anyone easily last night, he was immense.
He won the ball back as many times as Zee, 4 times each. Again, in a game we dominated, in which there was less to do defensively, I'd argue that it was those who did the most 'on the ball' that we'r
were most relevant.

On the ball, Dihno had about 55 touches, the least of all the players other than Gabriel. Who's low level of touches are understandable. Generally the CBs anf Zee by passed Dihno when we had the ball. In my view and facts back it up, he simply was often not around the ball.

His pass to Sterling for the fake penalty was beautiful and vintage Dihno. And so we're 3 or 4 passes out to the wings. Again like I have said he did not play well, I'm simply saying he wasn't the best.

Mahrez with 2 assists both of his own creativity, a goal and numerous acts of abuuse of the Shaktar's left back and a triangle of excellence with Bernardo and Walker on the right, simply put was head and shoulders better. So was Sterling. His goal, his movements touches are all representative of why. I can make arguments for others roo but that's besides the point.

I'm simply saying that objectively, he wasn't the best player on yesterday. Not by a mile. Good as he was

No, I'm not wrong. You see it differently. He did what is expected of a basic DM. Don't commit turnovers. He didn't. Help with the press. He did. Make a few long range passes. He did. With his great moment being the through ball pass for the fake penalty.

But doing the expected to me is not grounds for Motm considerations.

As for the highlighted above, well everyone of our players did this yesterday. So that can't be the basis for why he was Motm.

Objectively speaking, he wasn't.
Yes you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.