Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still not nice. You know it. I think Dax formulates their opinions nicely. Maybe not for you, but I enjoy the posts.
Yes but saying rodri is better than dinho comes from a dislike of older players,same in the sergio,vinny,dave threads,it's more of an obsevation,whatever

Yes but saying rodri is better than dinho comes from a dislike of older players,same in the sergio,vinny,dave threads,it's more of an obsevation,whatever
I still trust his opinion. In the same way I often trust yours.

Age comes fast in mid thirties. Look at Merlin and what a difference year can make. He is obviously much better than I was at 35, but that's not an age for anyone to get any better on the pitch. If you look at some of the best players that extended their careers at top, or near it, they were all half players by then. Even Ronaldo, who's physical freak is not as good as he was before. And he plays at less demanding position than defensive midfield.

I know we could squeeze a year from Fern probably, at some reduced capacity, but some people are acting like he is still 30 at most and him in midfield would be an answer to all our problems. It wouldn't, there is a reason he was trained to play CB whole summer, it's much easier physically to play CB than DM.

But even if we could squeeze that year from him, there is a question is that the optimal best option for us. If we have an option to buy some top younger player that would serve us for decade, but we need to free a foreign spot, than not extending Fernandinho is very valid option. And on top of that, maybe he doesn't want it. Maybe he wants to have one more payday somewhere else, with less demands on his body. Both options make "if we don't sign him for another year or two, then someone needs a shooting" pretty silly one.
He's a huge player in the dressing room, welcoming new players, guiding younger players, studying and talking tactics with Pep etc.

Just absolute madness to let him leave especially when he is still playing so well and our current captain will also be leaving in the summer.

He's a huge player in the dressing room, welcoming new players, guiding younger players, studying and talking tactics with Pep etc.

Just absolute madness to let him leave especially when he is still playing so well and our current captain will also be leaving in the summer.

Tbh, I think it would be a madness to give him a contract and foreign spot for welcoming players and talking tactics with Pep, who cares about that. I don't think there is a big role for him next year on the pitch and certainly not where most people here think he would save us if playing there - at midfield. If he stays, he'll stay as CB backup. Max we would offer him (if any) at his age is one year and I'm not sure he'd be particularly interested if he can get 2-3 years at MLS or China.

Tbh, I think it would be a madness to give him a contract and foreign spot for welcoming players and talking tactics with Pep, who cares about that. I don't think there is a big role for him next year on the pitch and certainly not where most people here think he would save us if playing there - at midfield. If he stays, he'll stay as CB backup. Max we would offer him (if any) at his age is one year and I'm not sure he'd be particularly interested if he can get 2-3 years at MLS or China.
You don't see the importance of that of player in the squad, really ?

Why would he ruin the end of his career somewhere in china? he is settled here,i think we will offer him a rolling 1 yr contract as we would have done to vinny,he is a really important player for a number of reasons

You don't see the importance of that of player in the squad, really ?

I am looking at what's more important for the squad. Foreign spots are valuable and we all want to buy top players each summer. Extending 35-years old because he is good at welcoming new players (who we can't buy when spots are full) and missing on some top target who can play for us for a decade is no in my books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.