Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he ruin the end of his career somewhere in china? he is settled here,i think we will offer him a rolling 1 yr contract as we would have done to vinny,he is a really important player for a number of reasons
Yeah Fern is the last guy I'd have for wanting a payday like that

I am looking at what's more important for the squad. Foreign spots are valuable and we all want to buy top players each summer. Extending 35-years old because he is good at welcoming new players (who we can't buy when spots are full) and missing on some top target who can play for us for a decade is no in my books.
Bravo, Silva and Otamendi (likely) will all be leaving which will free spots up.

Obviously need a replacement for Sane if he leaves but that's like for like.

Bravo, Silva and Otamendi (likely) will all be leaving which will free spots up.

Obviously need a replacement for Sane if he leaves but that's like for like.

Whoever leaves, we'll have to buy again. Left back, CB (x2 maybe), gooalkeeper, maybe striker... loot of places to fill. And anyway, I'd just never extend 35 years old, unless third goalkeeper. That's age for retirement or MLS, successful clubs runs on mid 20s, not on mid 30s. Knowing when to say goodbye to players is as important as knowing who and when to buy. Fern was a great servant but he's in age where we need to say goodbye and look for the future.

Ageing robs fractions of seconds from players, not mentally which gets better if anything, but especially from standing starts; top speed lessens as well, stamina not so much. As seasons go by, the fractions add up and can't be compensated for by speed of thought. Fern and D Silva are at that point, reminiscent of Ali Bernabia. If the trend for high tempo pressing all over the pitch continues then 32 could be considered the ceiling in the not-so-distant future. The manager of Porto forecast this several years ago though he thought 28 would be the max for all but the very special...
Whether a top player is prepared to be a bit-part is a personal choice to be faced eventually by all of them. Clubs have the difficult task of keeping the squad fresh for season after season, the manager and board have to be in harmony, which was fergies joker, and eventually arsene's downfall when it went tit's up.

Why would he ruin the end of his career somewhere in china? he is settled here,i think we will offer him a rolling 1 yr contract as we would have done to vinny,he is a really important player for a number of reasons
I think it’s a little harsh to say he’d be ruining his career elsewhere. These guys have short careers relatively speaking, It’d be difficult to blame him if he decided to take one last payday somewhere else. I doubt any Barcelona supporters think any less of Xavi for having played in Qatar or Iniesta for playing in Japan.

Or, equally likely, what if he doesn’t want to take a reduced role just yet? He’s already been moved away from midfield and we’re going to sign a new centerback this summer. It’s pretty likely he’s going to be playing a lot less next season if he stays.

Whoever leaves, we'll have to buy again. Left back, CB (x2 maybe), gooalkeeper, maybe striker... loot of places to fill. And anyway, I'd just never extend 35 years old, unless third goalkeeper. That's age for retirement or MLS, successful clubs runs on mid 20s, not on mid 30s. Knowing when to say goodbye to players is as important as knowing who and when to buy. Fern was a great servant but he's in age where we need to say goodbye and look for the future.

You're too fixated on age. It's a number, that's all. It's theoretical nonsense to get rid of a player at a pre-determined age, purely because of how old he is, when he's still performing at a very high level.

By all means, ship a guy out when he's clearly declining. Dinho at this very point is going just fine, no need for us to preempt something when he's so valuable to the club.

You're too fixated on age. It's a number, that's all. It's theoretical nonsense to get rid of a player at a pre-determined age, purely because of how old he is, when he's still performing at a very high level.

By all means, ship a guy out when he's clearly declining. Dinho at this very point is going just fine, no need for us to preempt something when he's so valuable to the club.
How do you expect to ship someone out when they’re clearly declining and under contract? Ferna will be 35 in May, how many years would you giver him on his new deal?

We seem to have done alright on with all ages,successful clubs do not get rid of players when they get to their 30's,you needs all ages and all experiences,if we had got rid of sergio,dinho,dave and vinny we would not be back to back champions and the rest,calm and experienced heads are essential to any top team going for trophies

I think chinese government changed the rules and the higher they can pay to foreign players is going to be 3.5 mi euros year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.