Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but saying rodri is better than dinho comes from a dislike of older players,same in the sergio,vinny,dave threads,it's more of an obsevation,whatever

Can I conclude you misquoting me comes from your general dislike of my view? :)

My position is that Rodri is as good as Dihno :)

You are right, I'm an ageist. But this doesn't affect my evaluation of performance. I generally in the summer want players over 30 closer to the bench the 1st name on the teamsheet.

I hate when we wait till they in fact aren't good enough to be a starter anymore. As is the case with Dave now, was the case with Yaya his last 2 years too.

Luckily for us, it won't be the case with Dihno, as Rodri and Gundogan are here. As a back up used in key moments older players are fantastic.

As the main guy to propel the team week in week out. They eventually will suck. Coz time creeps up quickly from nowhere

This has been the case almost everywhere. Gabby should start ahead of Aguero, Foden and Bernado ahead of Dave and Rodri and Gundogan ahead of Dihno.

These guys should start or come in for key games and in key moments. But they should not be consistent starters.

That's my philosophy. And it's seldom fails. Mother time is 100-0 in those battles. Everyone fails in the end at the highest level.

That's said, for the record I said Rodri is AS GOOD AS Dihno. :) As good as...

You're too fixated on age. It's a number, that's all. It's theoretical nonsense to get rid of a player at a pre-determined age, purely because of how old he is, when he's still performing at a very high level.

By all means, ship a guy out when he's clearly declining. Dinho at this very point is going just fine, no need for us to preempt something when he's so valuable to the club.

He is performing at solid level, I wouldn't call it particularly high (would you buy him for your team to play at CB with title and CL as team targets?), at position that requires far less energy than his main one.

He was trained whole summer for that position as we bought his replacement on main one. He didn't play at all while Laporte was fit as he was always set to be a back up even for that new position, while new signing started t play on his old one from the first game.

How much more obvious things have to be to see that it was always planned that this should have been his last season.

He couldn't buy a game before Laporte got injured and he is supposed to get some time next year when he would finish the season at 36. He is "old man" mate, I know you love him, I love him too, but he is NOT able to play at top level remotely regularly and I'd rather have some potential as a squad player, to learn his trade, than keep Fern until he is 40. Rodri will play at DM, Gundogan will always play for Pep's team and we'll add heavily at CB. There's no game time for him.

Last edited:
Interesting to see if Fernandinho plays when Laporte becomes available.Whatever happens he has been a phenomenal player for us and he still has pace in those legs.

He is performing at solid level, I wouldn't call it particularly high (would you buy him for your team to play at CB with title and CL as team targets?), at position that requires far less energy than his main one.

He was trained whole summer for that position as we bought his replacement on main one. He didn't play at all while Laporte was fit as he was always set to be a back up even for that new position, while new signing started t play on his old one from the first game.

How much more obvious things have to be to see that it was always planned that this should have been his last season.

He couldn't buy a game before Laporte got injured and he is supposed to get some time next year when he would finish the season at 36. He is "old man" mate, I know you love him, I love him too, but he is NOT able to play at top level remotely regularly and I'd rather have some potential as a squad player, to learn his trade, than keep Fern until he is 40. Rodri will play at DM, Gundogan will always play for Pep's team and we'll add heavily at CB. There's no game time for him.

He's been one of our best players so far this season and he 'couldn't buy a game' because he re-joined the squad real late and we'd bought Rodri to bed in.

I re-iterate, saying he's no longer top level purely because of his age is absolute nonsense - each case is different. He's still comfortably better than both Rodri and Gundogan.

He's been one of our best players so far this season and he 'couldn't buy a game' because he re-joined the squad real late and we'd bought Rodri to bed in.

I re-iterate, saying he's no longer top level purely because of his age is absolute nonsense - each case is different. He's still comfortably better than both Rodri and Gundogan.
And you know this how?

Can we not turn this thread into another Aguero v Jesus thread please? I don't want people hating on either Rodri or Fernandinho based on what they think of the other one like we've been seeing with our strikers.

They're both good. We know the older one is brilliant and the younger one could be too. But their skillsets are too different to make any direct comparison easily and it an opinion can come down to preference of those skillsets.

Can I conclude you misquoting me comes from your general dislike of my view? :)

My position is that Rodri is as good as Dihno :)

You are right, I'm an ageist. But this doesn't affect my evaluation of performance. I generally in the summer want players over 30 closer to the bench the 1st name on the teamsheet.

I hate when we wait till they in fact aren't good enough to be a starter anymore. As is the case with Dave now, was the case with Yaya his last 2 years too.

Luckily for us, it won't be the case with Dihno, as Rodri and Gundogan are here. As a back up used in key moments older players are fantastic.

As the main guy to propel the team week in week out. They eventually will suck. Coz time creeps up quickly from nowhere

This has been the case almost everywhere. Gabby should start ahead of Aguero, Foden and Bernado ahead of Dave and Rodri and Gundogan ahead of Dihno.

These guys should start or come in for key games and in key moments. But they should not be consistent starters.

That's my philosophy. And it's seldom fails. Mother time is 100-0 in those battles. Everyone fails in the end at the highest level.

That's said, for the record I said Rodri is AS GOOD AS Dihno. :) As good as...
You lost me at benching a 30 goal last season striker because he is 31,would you bench messi/ronaldo?

He is not top level at position he plays currently, never was and never will be. I don't care if he was amongst better players in our team, that says more about our overall football this year than about his football at CB. You would never ever even think about buying Fernandinho to play at CB. We conceded 20 goals in the league alone with him playing most of the games at back. There are probably at least 20 better CBs than him in the league. And most of them would still not be good enough for City. I know everybody loves Fern and he's the one of those that can't do a wrong thing for lot of City fans, but he is average at best CB.

He never played a minute on his old position this year and Rodri took his place as soon as he came. He is surely not going to play more next year. Now, if you asked me before the season would he play more in midfield, I'd say of course he fucking will. But it's obvious that management doesn't think he is at top level to play there anymore and that we are better with Rodri or Gundogan (or both), as much as you don't want to accept it. Management surely has far more insight into his fitness levels than we have and so they decided he'd be a CB backup this year but injuries forced them to play him regularly there.

He is not top level at position he plays currently, never was and never will be. I don't care if he was amongst better players in our team, that says more about our overall football this year than about his football at CB. You would never ever even think about buying Fernandinho to play at CB. We conceded 20 goals in the league alone with him playing most of the games at back. There are probably at least 20 better CBs than him in the league. And most of them would still not be good enough for City. I know everybody loves Fern and he's the one of those that can't do a wrong thing for lot of City fans, but he is average at best CB.

He never played a minute on his old position this year and Rodri took his place as soon as he came. He is surely not going to play more next year. Now, if you asked me before the season would he play more in midfield, I'd say of course he fucking will. But it's obvious that management doesn't think he is at top level to play there anymore and that we are better with Rodri or Gundogan (or both), as much as you don't want to accept it. Management surely has far more insight into his fitness levels than we have and so they decided he'd be a CB backup this year but injuries forced them to play him regularly there.
Yeah. Plus Pep literally said he doesn't consider Fernandinho a CM anymore in one of the press conferences earlier in the season.

Ok he says things he doesn't mean sometimes but that would have been a real oddly bold statement if that point of view was only in light of our injury troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.