Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not top level at position he plays currently, never was and never will be. I don't care if he was amongst better players in our team, that says more about our overall football this year than about his football at CB. You would never ever even think about buying Fernandinho to play at CB. We conceded 20 goals in the league alone with him playing most of the games at back. There are probably at least 20 better CBs than him in the league. And most of them would still not be good enough for City. I know everybody loves Fern and he's the one of those that can't do a wrong thing for lot of City fans, but he is average at best CB.

He never played a minute on his old position this year and Rodri took his place as soon as he came. He is surely not going to play more next year. Now, if you asked me before the season would he play more in midfield, I'd say of course he fucking will. But it's obvious that management doesn't think he is at top level to play there anymore and that we are better with Rodri or Gundogan (or both), as much as you don't want to accept it. Management surely has far more insight into his fitness levels than we have and so they decided he'd be a CB backup this year but injuries forced them to play him regularly there.

20 better CBs? Go on, name them.

There aren't 20 better CBs than Stones or even Otamendi and he's better than both of them. You're having an absolute laugh.

He is performing at solid level, I wouldn't call it particularly high (would you buy him for your team to play at CB with title and CL as team targets?), at position that requires far less energy than his main one.

He was trained whole summer for that position as we bought his replacement on main one. He didn't play at all while Laporte was fit as he was always set to be a back up even for that new position, while new signing started t play on his old one from the first game.

How much more obvious things have to be to see that it was always planned that this should have been his last season.

He couldn't buy a game before Laporte got injured and he is supposed to get some time next year when he would finish the season at 36. He is "old man" mate, I know you love him, I love him too, but he is NOT able to play at top level remotely regularly and I'd rather have some potential as a squad player, to learn his trade, than keep Fern until he is 40. Rodri will play at DM, Gundogan will always play for Pep's team and we'll add heavily at CB. There's no game time for him.
Didn't wanna be the one to point out the obvious as I'm considered the "Fernandihno hater"

But I said in the summer that if we got Rodri, Dihno will go too the bench and be moved to backup CB.

None of what has happened surprised anyone paying attention.

Didn't wanna be the one to point out the obvious as I'm considered the "Fernandihno hater"

But I said in the summer that if we got Rodri, Dihno will go too the bench and be moved to backup CB.

None of what has happened surprised anyone paying attention.
your views on Rodri and Fernandinho are based on stats that correct??, well I base mine on my eyesight and what I see watching city, Fernandinho is better than Rodri

your views on Rodri and Fernandinho are based on stats that correct??, well I base mine on my eyesight and what I see watching city, Fernandinho is better than Rodri
No. It's based on what Pep is doing. Your eyesight could not have seen much of Dihno at DM this season. How you can tell he is currently better surprises me.

Basing thoughts and opinions based off what the manager is doing is nothing more than confirmation bias. Shows a lack of independent thought.

Basing thoughts and opinions based off what the manager is doing is nothing more than confirmation bias. Shows a lack of independent thought.
It's actually an appeal to authority buddy. That's where people base their own reasoning off of what someone in a more credible/authoritative position would reason. The logic chain is, if they say it, it must be true, because their opinion is expert enough to be taken at face value. Also, an appeal to authority is simply a fallacy, not a reason why an argument is wrong. Yet interestingly an appeal to authority is disputed in that sense and many believe it's a reasonable approach, especially if the credibility of the authority people often to refer to is high. So in this case, if you trust Pep, it's actually not as nonsense an approach as you may think. If you don't trust Pep, like I assume is the case for you, then it is just a fallacy.

Confirmation bias is where you either seek out information that backs up your beliefs or ignore information that goes against it.

See what you really wanted to say was that people who simply repeat Pep's logic as their own without showcasing a comprehension of the point are lacking in independent thought. Although as stated above it's not really a dumb approach if you trust Pep.

Your post I've quoted aims to point out the fallacy as both a reason why people's arguments are wrong AND why those people musn't be trusted. The former is known as the fallacy fallacy, which is where one concludes that a fallacious argument is an incorrect one. And the latter is known as ad hominem. This is where one attempts to disprove an opposing argument by attacking the credibility of those arguing it instead of the arguments themselves.

Believing Fernandinho to be better than Rodri is an absolutely reasonable point, and there's almost certainly enough evidence to back you up if you want to argue it, as you have been doing.

But being a pompous dick to other posters who disagree with you isn't an acceptable way of getting a point across. Especially given how poor a job you've made of it. In fact you've only harmed your own credibility now so anyone reading on my just think you're an idiot. Which I'm sure you aren't.

Yup. I guess I should, like you, just pull out how good Dihno would have been at DM from my Arshole. Ignore what the Manager is doing with his selection.

I'm sure Pep is just trying to sabotage City. That bald fuk. I knew he was bent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.