Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually an appeal to authority buddy. That's where people base their own reasoning off of what someone in a more credible/authoritative position would reason. The logic chain is, if they say it, it must be true, because their opinion is expert enough to be taken at face value. Also, an appeal to authority is simply a fallacy, not a reason why an argument is wrong. Yet interestingly an appeal to authority is disputed in that sense and many believe it's a reasonable approach, especially if the credibility of the authority people often to refer to is high. So in this case, if you trust Pep, it's actually not as nonsense an approach as you may think. If you don't trust Pep, like I assume is the case for you, then it is just a fallacy.

Confirmation bias is where you either seek out information that backs up your beliefs or ignore information that goes against it.

See what you really wanted to say was that people who simply repeat Pep's logic as their own without showcasing a comprehension of the point are lacking in independent thought. Although as stated above it's not really a dumb approach if you trust Pep.

Your post I've quoted aims to point out the fallacy as both a reason why people's arguments are wrong AND why those people musn't be trusted. The former is known as the fallacy fallacy, which is where one concludes that a fallacious argument is an incorrect one. And the latter is known as ad hominem. This is where one attempts to disprove an opposing argument by attacking the credibility of those arguing it instead of the arguments themselves.

Believing Fernandinho to be better than Rodri is an absolutely reasonable point, and there's almost certainly enough evidence to back you up if you want to argue it, as you have been doing.

But being a pompous dick to other posters who disagree with you isn't an acceptable way of getting a point across. Especially given how poor a job you've made of it. In fact you've only harmed your own credibility now so anyone reading on my just think you're an idiot. Which I'm sure you aren't.

Tl;dr. Here to talk football mate, not nit pick over inane drivel.

Yup. I guess I should, like you, just pull out how good Dihno would have been at DM from my Arshole. Ignore what the Manager is doing with his selection.

I'm sure Pep is just trying to sabotage City. That bald fuk. I knew he was bent :)

Or perhaps, I dunno, you could watch games from his seven previous seasons with us? Manager selection and versatility does not equal who's best. There could multitude of reasons they are for (Gundogan not having the ability to play at the back, for one) many of which kept in house.

We've heard you, but you're in a tiny minority who thinks Gundogan is any good, and an even smaller one who thinks he's better than Dinho. Not sure what part of this isn't getting through.

Last edited:
No. It's based on what Pep is doing. Your eyesight could not have seen much of Dihno at DM this season. How you can tell he is currently better surprises me.
Agreed that my eyesight has not seen anything of Fernandinho in a DM role this season, but my eyesight has seen Rodri play there, il tell you this, he is not as good as Fernandinho, the manager plays fern at centre back solely because he does not trust stones/otamendi partnership not because Rodri is better at DM

People need to let go of the past.

If you really watch Fernandinho this season, his movements are becoming increasingly heavy footed. Sure, he has rinsed a few young wingers for pace when tracking back but time has started to catch up with him finally.

Advocating for Fernandinho to be placed back as the sole holding player in midfield on a consistent basis is rather short sighted. Rodri is a world class talent and only needs time to adjust to what is required in a system which leaves gaping holes for opponents to exploit.

If you're comparing a fresh Rodri to a peak Fernandinho then you're missing the point. And if you think Fernandinho is still at his peak then you need to watch closer.

Different players, different styles but both incredibly intelligent and talented in their own right. And, when we're in the middle of trying to bed in his replacement, try to remember Fernandinho wasn't the Fernandinho when he turned up in Manchester.

Tl;dr. Here to talk football mate, not nit pick over inane drivel.

Or perhaps, I dunno, you could watch games from his seven previous seasons with us? Manager selection and versatility does not equal who's best. There could multitude of reasons they are for (Gundogan not having the ability to play at the back, for one) many of which kept in house.
Ah yes! It's not like players from previous seasons have ever improved or regressed.

For the record, like any other player not all of Dihno's Seven years was superb (contrary to fan opinion). From starting out tentatively, to playing well as a support CM/DM, to getting benched late in the season in favor of others, to reinventing himself as a DM, to becoming one of the very best 2 way CM/DM, to fading late in multiple seasons. Dihno's stellar career as a whole has had its ups and downs.

What constitutes Dihno's performance over the years is very varied. That some of you only remember the highlights of highlights is perhaps why all these changes might surprise you.

Only in the mind of a fanatic does a player's talent and performance stay perfectly the same. For those been less fanatical in their analysis, you can observe the greatness while acknowledging the ebbs and flows of improvement and waning powers.

From what I saw last season (especially towards the end of the season) I predicted that if we got Rodri, he'd 'Immediately' send Dihno to the bench. Not because Dihno hasn't had a great career. But rather because that career was clearly showing some late strain.

As many casual fans often forget, Gundogan, not Dihno, was the key DM at the tail end of last season. That should have clued many in in what was afoot, but instead, they assumed Gundogan must have nudes of Pep stashed somewhere.

Oh that's fan :)

Agreed that my eyesight has not seen anything of Fernandinho in a DM role this season, but my eyesight has seen Rodri play there, il tell you this, he is not as good as Fernandinho, the manager plays fern at centre back solely because he does not trust stones/otamendi partnership not because Rodri is better at DM
Perhaps he is not as good as Fernandihno was at his absolute best, but is he better than the Dihno that couldn't wrestle the DM spot away from Gundogan late last season?

You are doing that thing fans do. Where they compare the new guy, to the very best of the old guy as opposed to what the old guy is now.

Also for the record, are you saying once Laporte comes back, Dihno will take over at DM?

I'm willing to bet 100 dollars that you'd be wrong. How much are you willing to bet you'd be right?

Stats are a guide only,if you watch the games based on stats then you miss the point entirely
Nah I watch the games with my eyes like everyone else. The stats just stops me from letting my bias overtake reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.