Fernandinho (continued)

I hope Javi steps it up big time if Ferna is out for a while. He's been adapting to the league and I'm liking it so far, shame he wasn't fit today, could have made a very huge difference

TrueBlue1705 said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
As I see it -- assuming all the stories about the Fernando negotiations are accurate -- City took a short-term risk not filling in the central MF gap for the long-term gain of standing up to clubs trying to shake us down. And the risk appears at the moment not to have paid off.

In the long run, we will get more for our money and manage the revenue/expense gap more soundly. Doesn't make this any easier to swallow, but it was a calculated gamble.

And who knows if Fernando would even have been ready to help us today? Nearly every new acquisition takes time to grow into a side. Even if we win no trophy this year, the direction we are headed is very, very clear -- or should be -- to us as fans and to the rest of league (and the rest of Europe). And we have been wildly entertained this season too so far.

In other words, have patience and faith.

Oh, and the rags freaking suck. There's always that.

No one gives a shit about value for money .... We just want to win the league and beat Chelsea - If we dont win it this season I only see it getting much harder to win next season, so getting Fernando in the summer on a free will be shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted!!! .... And why the f*ck did we let Barry go to Everton given that bad decision you'd think we'd make damn sure the Fernando deal went through .... We've left ourselves woefully short of quality cover in CM. If Yaya breaks down we're completely screwed, he was trying to do the job of two players vs Chelsea......
And this is the reason why Dinho has been the key to the success of 442 this season. Yaya doesn't have the agility and fitness that Dinho has which is imperative for playing this kind of formation with inferior numbers in the middle. Playing 442 without him against a good side is like suicide.

dekabreak said:
So many conflicting reports. First the match commentary said he was fine and could be out for a week, then we got 3-4 weeks, now 1 month out

Staying off of twitter, hopefully we get some good news tomorrow

Nothing has been confirmed

Ducado said:
dekabreak said:
So many conflicting reports. First the match commentary said he was fine and could be out for a week, then we got 3-4 weeks, now 1 month out

Staying off of twitter, hopefully we get some good news tomorrow

Nothing has been confirmed

Other than MP has said he will likely miss a month of football.

I hope his info is incorrect or Ferny makes a much quicker than anticipated recovery.

AntiUnited said:
Best player in the team by far. It just shows how underrated the guy is. i knew he was good but fuk me it shows even more when not in the starting 11.

I don't think he is underrated by the playing group or the supporters that have watched him this season or MP for that matter.

First time this season I have heard MP focus on our injuries at length after a game and its no coincidence it was Fernandinho he mentioned first.

He will be sadly missed even against those sides in the bottom half we have coming up.

We don't have adequate cover for his role in MP's -4-4-2 and hard pressing style.

The space Chelsea had on a number occasions where they outnumbered us in our half was ominous.

AntiUnited said:
Best player in the team by far. It just shows how underrated the guy is. i knew he was good but fuk me it shows even more when not in the starting 11.

As many have said on this forum, we have been riding our luck and praying that a key player such as Fernandinho did not get injured. Of course we hit the perfect storm with Kun out at the same time.

When you look at the Arsenal and Chelsea squads, which are packed with quality midfielders, you can see the problem for our team.

It seems we definitely tried to plug the gap in the transfer window. Chelsea were able to nab Matic (a brute of a player), whereas we missed the boat for whatever reason.

I hope Garcia is fit for the weekend. Boy do we need him.

mancity111 said:
AntiUnited said:

I don't think he is underrated by the playing group or the supporters that have watched him this season or MP for that matter.

First time this season I have heard MP focus on our injuries at length after a game and its no coincidence it was Fernandinho he mentioned first.

He will be sadly missed even against those sides in the bottom half we have coming up.

We don't have adequate cover for his role in MP's -4-4-2 and hard pressing style.

The space Chelsea had on a number occasions where they outnumbered us in our half was ominous.

Tbh i think your right but it was a real wake up call in how good the guy really is. When hes in the game we have total domination of the ball attack and defense (through the middle) we really take it for granted i think. When he was absent we looked like a pub team. Which is why i think he is one of if not the best dms in the world.<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:37 am --<br /><br />
jollylescott said:
AntiUnited said:

As many have said on this forum, we have been riding our luck and praying that a key player such as Fernandinho did not get injured. Of course we hit the perfect storm with Kun out at the same time.

When you look at the Arsenal and Chelsea squads, which are packed with quality midfielders, you can see the problem for our team.

It seems we definitely tried to plug the gap in the transfer window. Chelsea were able to nab Matic (a brute of a player), whereas we missed the boat for whatever reason.

I hope Garcia is fit for the weekend. Boy do we need him.

i agree with this.

dekabreak said:
I hope Javi steps it up big time if Ferna is out for a while. He's been adapting to the league and I'm liking it so far, shame he wasn't fit today, could have made a very huge difference

while he may have been better than Demichelis he still is a defensive midfielder and can do nothing with the ball going forward. It really is criminal that the only other all rounded midfield player we have is Rodwell, and even then Pellegrini doesn't rate him

Our player of the season and I'm very, very afraid that this injury can cost us dearly.

Pity that the Fernando transfer didn't go through. It would have kept me slightly calmer at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.