Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benarbia said:
LoveCity said:
Bernabia in a negative about City shocker.

Fernandinho is definitely cut out for this league. He is very much like Ramires but arguably even better. Man of the match against the Dortmund team that made us look amateur in Shakhtar's 2-2 draw with them.

LoveCity in lauding a player shocker

Ps. The odd good game does not a good player make

A la Reus

Joehannes said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
LoveCity said:
Bernabia in a negative about City shocker.

Fernandinho is definitely cut out for this league. He is very much like Ramires but arguably even better. Man of the match against the Dortmund team that made us look amateur in Shakhtar's 2-2 draw with them.
I hope he is better than Ramirez,because he's shit and that's the Chelsea fans saying that.
He isn't shit, he just isn't suited to a two-man defensive midfield. He has all the athleticism and skill to excel has the box-to-box midfielder in a three though.
From little, I've seen of Fernandinho, he isn't as quick but has more quality on the ball and looks more disciplined.

Nobody is suited to a 2 man midfield unless they are playing against shite or have very athletic wide players/ forwards.

The Premier League has developed bad habits which are starting to be found out.

For those of you who don't know who he is, how he plays or what he brings have a look at this footage of him v Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the CL this year.

He was even better in the home leg but I cant find any decent footage of that.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9619820/fernandinho_vs_chelsea_a/

I watched both games and he absolutely bossed both. Everything they did began with him. He reads the game brilliantly and can play superb passes of every range. He is excellent at 'snuffing out' to.

Bare in mind these 2 games were against a proper side in a proper competition.

I saw enough to know he's better than Barry, Milner, Garcia and Rodwell. A definite upgrade who can cut it at CL level.

Him and Yaya will eat the premier league for breakfast, dinner and tea.

I will be buzzing if we seal this deal.

tilbz said:
Have some faith in our scouting set up! We will only target players that they recommend and thixi and bergeristain approve. Barcelona did alright from this set up

While I don't want this post to sound negative, I hope the Barca guys have the ability to adapt their strategy as and when football progresses. I.e. Bayern and BVB'S more direct, pacey, attacking style just absolutely romped possession kings Barca and to a lesser extent Madrid.

What I am trying to say is I don't necessarily want them to build a team to play 'the Barca way' because over the past season or so certain teams look to have found out exactly how to play against them. Likewise with City, who already play a similar style, clubs in the PL seem to have learned how to limit our chances on goal and make us look majorly pedestrian at times.

I just hope its not a case of 'this is how we do things and that's it'.

Stoned Rose said:
For those of you who don't know who he is, how he plays or what he brings have a look at this footage of him v Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the CL this year.

He was even better in the home leg but I cant find any decent footage of that.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9619820/fernandinho_vs_chelsea_a/

I watched both games and he absolutely bossed both. Everything they did began with him. He reads the game brilliantly and can play superb passes of every range. He is excellent at 'snuffing out' to.

Bare in mind these 2 games were against a proper side in a proper competition.

I saw enough to know he's better than Barry, Milner, Garcia and Rodwell. A definite upgrade who can cut it at CL level.

Him and Yaya will eat the premier league for breakfast, dinner and tea.

I will be buzzing if we seal this deal.

Did our midfield not also boss Chelsea in almost every game we have played them in recent years ?

Ah but that's different.

ayrshire_blue said:
tilbz said:
Have some faith in our scouting set up! We will only target players that they recommend and thixi and bergeristain approve. Barcelona did alright from this set up

While I don't want this post to sound negative, I hope the Barca guys have the ability to adapt their strategy as and when football progresses. I.e. Bayern and BVB'S more direct, pacey, attacking style just absolutely romped possession kings Barca and to a lesser extent Madrid.

What I am trying to say is I don't necessarily want them to build a team to play 'the Barca way' because over the past season or so certain teams look to have found out exactly how to play against them. Likewise with City, who already play a similar style, clubs in the PL seem to have learned how to limit our chances on goal and make us look majorly pedestrian at times.

Well be heartened by the fact that Fernandinho is nothing like a Barcelona player, nor is Cavani (another main target). Fernandinho is more of a direct player than tiki-taka style although he can pass well. It seems to me like we want to adopt some of Barcelona's principles but not copy their style word by word.

ayrshire_blue said:
tilbz said:

I was thinking more along the lines of how good the players are that they brought in at barca. Regarding your point yes we have not only got to move with the times ie Dortmund/bayern but we have to make our own style that will be better or stronger than that.

ayrshire_blue said:
tilbz said:

I think there are other things that were the cause of the recent results in CL semis. People seem to be forgetting that, at the end of the day, the quality of Bayern's players was also better, better GK, better full backs, better CBs, more balanced midfield, more goal threats and variety to the play with Muller/Schweinstieger through the middle and Ribery and Robben on the wings. Barca's defense is really poor, no width and no goal threat outside of Messi. We certainly are not over reliant on one player for goals, our defense is better, and surely we have learned that at some point you need width to break certain teams down. Oh, and also, Heynckes is an incredible manager who picked out Barca's weaknesses perfectly and Vilanova isn't as good.

LoveCity said:
ayrshire_blue said:
tilbz said:

Well be heartened by the fact that Fernandinho is nothing like a Barcelona player, nor is Cavani (another main target). Fernandinho is more of a direct player than tiki-taka style although he can pass well. It seems to me like we want to adopt some of Barcelona's principles but not copy their style word
by word.

I like what I've seen from Fernandihno and think he will be a superb asset should we sign him.

I was meaning more in general, I want to have a plan B and C available when we can't score at Sunderland and inevitably end up 1-0 down. Or games at places like Liverpool and Everton where we've regularly struggled under Mancini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.