Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
california blue said:
its really frustrating seeing him limited to the the holding role. the guy was a beast at shaktar bombing forward
Yeh, it'd be great if we could sign a good DM along with him and play a midfield three of Yaya, Fernandinho and new DM, allowing them to fully show their attacking abilities.

stonerblue said:
BillyShears said:
stonerblue said:
Best game he's had in a City shirt.

Was around this time that we started seeing the best out of Yaya and Silva after their moves to City too ... i've said before i don't reckon there's a tougher job in football than playing in a midfield duo in the PL ... the fact that after such a short time he's getting to grips with it says a lot about his technical quality and his mental strength.

Fully agree Billy.
Given the amount of time the team and manager have had together i'm surprised that they're not far off playing the way MP wants already. I've said somewhere else that we are looking more like a team, and not individuals, with every game.
That position Fernandinhiodinho plays has to be one of the toughest of the lot to step into and he looked very shaky for the first couple of games.
He now looks like he's up with the pace of the league and more inclined to put it about a bit when neeeded. He seems to be very calm under pressure and can spot a killer pass, and make it, much quicker.
Also gotta remember that him and Yaya seem to be learning to play together which adds an extra dimension to the side.

I thought he was in awe of playing with Yaya in the first few games. He has now realised that Yaya has accepted him as a class player which has given the confidence to express himself on the pitch in the last couple of games.

I'd give my left nut to see him play in a midfield 3 alongside Yaya and a guy like Javi Martinez (or similar ilk). Add to that a fast quality left winger and we'd win a CL title IMO.

ws01 said:
I'd give my left nut to see him play in a midfield 3 alongside Yaya and a guy like Javi Martinez (or similar ilk). Add to that a fast quality left winger and we'd win a CL title IMO.

That's the dream. I'm hoping Pellegrini thinks this too but hasn't gone this way yet because he feels the current players available to him are best suited to our current formation. Big signings don't happen in January so we;ll have to wait until next season minimum to see this.

NoahCity said:
california blue said:
its really frustrating seeing him limited to the the holding role. the guy was a beast at shaktar bombing forward
Yeh, it'd be great if we could sign a good DM along with him and play a midfield three of Yaya, Fernandinho and new DM, allowing them to fully show their attacking abilities.

And then drop a striker ?

Am personally not a fan of the 2 man front line which pelegrini fancies atm but if we get a solid DM I'll love to see a 4-3-3 formation with the likes of navas and sliva and kun making the front line up<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 am --<br /><br />
ninjamonkey said:
ws01 said:

That's the dream. I'm hoping Pellegrini thinks this too but hasn't gone this way yet because he feels the current players available to him are best suited to our current formation. Big signings don't happen in January so we;ll have to wait until next season minimum to see this.

Think problem is, with 4 strikers you just got to play a 4-4-2 to accommodate the strikers. Else we'll have some grumbling players maybe ?

stonerblue said:
BillyShears said:
stonerblue said:
Best game he's had in a City shirt.

Was around this time that we started seeing the best out of Yaya and Silva after their moves to City too ... i've said before i don't reckon there's a tougher job in football than playing in a midfield duo in the PL ... the fact that after such a short time he's getting to grips with it says a lot about his technical quality and his mental strength.

Fully agree Billy.
Given the amount of time the team and manager have had together i'm surprised that they're not far off playing the way MP wants already. I've said somewhere else that we are looking more like a team, and not individuals, with every game.
That position Fernandinhiodinho plays has to be one of the toughest of the lot to step into and he looked very shaky for the first couple of games.
He now looks like he's up with the pace of the league and more inclined to put it about a bit when neeeded. He seems to be very calm under pressure and can spot a killer pass, and make it, much quicker.
Also gotta remember that him and Yaya seem to be learning to play together which adds an extra dimension to the side.

I still think there's another level for both Fernandinho and the team collectively to go up. Be interesting to see whether we take a stride towards that level against Chelsea on Sunday. That game really can't come quick enough.

BillyShears said:
stonerblue said:
BillyShears said:

Fully agree Billy.

I still think there's another level for both Fernandinho and the team collectively to go up. Be interesting to see whether we take a stride towards that level against Chelsea on Sunday. That game really can't come quick enough.

Fern has to date looked to me like a guy who is acclimatising as opposed to one who is out of his depth. He's produced a number of very intelligent passes that hint at greater things to come, and there should be at his price tag.

I also agree that the team should be capable of going up a gear or two and it would be nice to see that in the next two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.