Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blankomania said:
simon23 said:
Blankomania said:
Give it some time guys. Fernandinho and yaya have played 3 games together. Need to pick up an understanding of each others games. Plus at the moment there is probably communication problems due to language difference.

well it needs to be sorted asap as we saw last season....any gaps develop and trying to chase fr the rest of the season isnt the best position to be in......

Plus I dont think it will work with those two........yaya is poor defensively (and lets be honest....he is completely wasted in that role for us..he is much better pushing forward) so unless Pellers insists on ferd doing the holding role ( and the player performs it and doesnt get tempted to be dragged forward) then it will never work........

I did notice that yaya seemed to be given the holding role in the match more than fernan, and like you i do have doubts about yayas energy levels for defence. But then yaya played as a defensive midfielder for a Barcelona side which was one of the best sides ever seen, so i don't think he is totally useless in that position.

I agree there were gaps between midfield and defence, but i think that could be solved with a better organized defence that will push up more (hopefully demichellis will help with this while kompany is out.) But I do also have doubts about the high line, just look at the Tottenham arsenal game, but that's a different conversation.

-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:52 am --

bluethunder said:
Blankomania said:
well since Fernandinho only started learning English recently. It probably isn't the best.

neither is yaya's english. :)

they understand each other very well.

it seems to me that they are following pellegrini's instructions. if one or both of them are told to hold they will do that. if one or both of them are told to join the attack they will do just that.

How do you know they understand each other very well? Did you ask them?

I am pretty sure pellegrini is smart enough to tell them not to both attack at the same time leaving a massive gap in midfield.

i know that because footballers dont need to speak to each other to understand each other.

actually they can attack at the same time so long as the back 4 stay in a straight line.

traditionally the back 4 would stay in a straight line and the rest of the team would attack.

One problem for Fern' in the Hull games was that when Yaya goes forward he takes an age to come back and so leaves him on his own to shield the back four.

I don't think a midfield of just Fern' and Yaya will work, imo.

We need another midfielder sitting behind them shielding the back four and that's why it's strange to me that we let Barry go or didn't replace him.

argyle said:
One problem for Fern' in the Hull games was that when Yaya goes forward he takes an age to come back and so leaves him on his own to shield the back four.

We need another midfielder sitting behind them shielding the back four and that's why it's strange to me that we let Barry go or didn't replace him.

Barry and Yaya played together in a two man midfield, plenty of times in the previous two seasons.

We don't necessarily need a man shielding. Another person playing in front of them like in a Mancini 4-2-3-1 formation, so that we keep posession easier, could be a better possibility.

-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:20 am --

bluethunder said:
Blankomania said:
simon23 said:
well it needs to be sorted asap as we saw last season....any gaps develop and trying to chase fr the rest of the season isnt the best position to be in......

Plus I dont think it will work with those two........yaya is poor defensively (and lets be honest....he is completely wasted in that role for us..he is much better pushing forward) so unless Pellers insists on ferd doing the holding role ( and the player performs it and doesnt get tempted to be dragged forward) then it will never work........

I did notice that yaya seemed to be given the holding role in the match more than fernan, and like you i do have doubts about yayas energy levels for defence. But then yaya played as a defensive midfielder for a Barcelona side which was one of the best sides ever seen, so i don't think he is totally useless in that position.

I agree there were gaps between midfield and defence, but i think that could be solved with a better organized defence that will push up more (hopefully demichellis will help with this while kompany is out.) But I do also have doubts about the high line, just look at the Tottenham arsenal game, but that's a different conversation.

bluethunder said:
neither is yaya's english. :)

they understand each other very well.

it seems to me that they are following pellegrini's instructions. if one or both of them are told to hold they will do that. if one or both of them are told to join the attack they will do just that.

I am pretty sure pellegrini is smart enough to tell them not to both attack at the same time leaving a massive gap in midfield.

i know that because footballers dont need to speak to each other to understand each other.

actually they can attack at the same time so long as the back 4 stay in a straight line.

traditionally the back 4 would stay in a straight line and the rest of the team would attack.

Footballers shout at each other to mark a man and get in position all the time. Haven't you noticed Hart shouting at people during the match.

If they both push forward and then we lose the ball then, the opposition have a clear run at the back four which is never a good thing.

Blankomania said:
argyle said:

Barry and Yaya played together in a two man midfield, plenty of times in the previous two seasons.

We don't necessarily need a man shielding. Another person playing in front of them like in a Mancini 4-2-3-1 formation, so that we keep posession easier, could be a better possibility.

-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:20 am --

bluethunder said:
Blankomania said:

Footballers shout at each other to get mark a man and get in position all the time. Haven't you noticed Hart shouting at people during the match.

If they both push forward and then we lose the ball then, the opposition have a clear run at the back four which is never a good thing.

the back 4 would contain any counter attack.

-- Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:37 am --

Blankomania said:
argyle said:

i want silva to play in front of toure and fernandinho.

aguero should play on the left.

I think the problem at the moment is that they're overdoing the cautious approach, They're afraid of pushing forward in case the other isn't covering. On Saturday, especially in the first half, they were constantly looking round to check each other's position, they played too close to each other, playing safe unambitious passes.

Hopefully the understanding between them will grow. But if they're to realise their attacking potential, it has to be accepted that there will be times when they leave us exposed. If they try too hard to avoid that we'll lose their attacking flair and the enormous damage they can inflict on opposition defences. And playing another more defensive minder will not help. Their threat is in moving forward from deeper positions, not starting in advanced positions.

3 games together, of which we have won 2 and yet for many, he is a waste of money and he wont work with Yaya.

I think I will give him and the partnership a tad while longer before I start to slit my wrists!

Its time to drop him now and 2 woeful performances its time to take him out of the firing line and back on the bench for a while. In particular the game against Hull he had an absolute stinker, losing the ball in midfield and having to draw a foul against some halfwit from Hull said it all for me. He needs time to adjust just as Silva did when he arrived the pace of the game is to much for him right now.

Stoke is gonna be a tough game and Hughes is desperate to stick it up us and I can well imagine the game being played with Stoke in our faces pretty much the whole game. They'll be no time for those fancy little turns and flicks for this one. I just hope Pellers has the good sense to sort this one out.

Mike D said:
Its time to drop him now and 2 woeful performances its time to take him out of the firing line and back on the bench for a while.In particular the game against Hull he had an absolute stinker, losing the ball in midfield and having to draw a foul against some halfwit from Hull said it all for me. He needs time to adjust just as Silva did when he arrived the pace of the game is to much for him right now.

Stoke is gonna be a tough game and Hughes is desperate to stick it up us and I can well imagine the game being played with Stoke in our faces pretty much the whole game. They'll be no time for those fancy little turns and flicks for this one. I just hope Pellers has the good sense to sort this one out.

Clueless.

BillyShears said:
Mike D said:
Its time to drop him now and 2 woeful performances its time to take him out of the firing line and back on the bench for a while.In particular the game against Hull he had an absolute stinker, losing the ball in midfield and having to draw a foul against some halfwit from Hull said it all for me. He needs time to adjust just as Silva did when he arrived the pace of the game is to much for him right now.

Clueless.

Have to agree with billy here Mike, you really must be smoking something

Keep a tab on what he does off the ball, football is more than 40 yard screamers and 60 yard passes, his levels of fitness are increasing game by game, against hull he was doing a clichy in the 90min, said it before he'll be the most important player in MP system, a great deal of people are ridiculously thinking he is something he's not..... Put it this way he's 10x the player of Barry and we'll see it week by week!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Have to agree with billy here Mike, you really must be smoking something

Keep a tab on what he does off the ball, football is more than 40 yard screamers and 60 yard passes, his levels of fitness are increasing game by game, against hull he was doing a clichy in the 90min, said it before he'll be the most important player in MP system, a great deal of people are ridiculously thinking he is something he's not..... Put it this way he's 10x the player of Barry and we'll see it week by week!!

Funnily enough, he reminds me a lot of Marcos Senna who was a stalwart in MP's Villareal side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.