Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfuckingbeliveable. we just won 3-0 away in europe with a scintilating performance and we get players slagged off. for. fuck's. sake.

blightee is desperate for him to fail, been on his back since he signed and wants to feel vindicated.

Statistically speaking he was the best defensive player on the pitch by a margin tonight. 4 successful tackles (joint highest) and 6 interceptions (a very high total).

Played well, I noticed he sat back more while Yaya sauntered forward this time, are they swapping roles? Fernandinho is a better tackler so it might be wise, but one of his strengths is dribbling.

Can tell he was told to really sit back today perhaps what he will also do on sunday. Never got involved in the attacking play much but he had a good game. He really does need to stay back though because once yaya goes forward he takes a while to get back so the security is needed especially against the bigger teams. Be nice if he didnt get booked every game either.

mmc said:
All I know is, without someone as dynamic as Fernandinho, playing this formation with Yaya aswell in the centre wouldn't even be possible. He hasn't shown his 30 million worth yet, which I understand but I think he is very promising.
It could be that Yaya's stifling him. I'd like to see him play with Yaya further forward or even without Yaya.
We'd probably get the size of him then.

celticfc482 said:
Can tell he was told to really sit back today perhaps what he will also do on sunday. Never got involved in the attacking play much but he had a good game. He really does need to stay back though because once yaya goes forward he takes a while to get back so the security is needed especially against the bigger teams. Be nice if he didnt get booked every game either.
Unlucky to get carded this game.

Thought he covered quite well that first half and his mobility and good positioning was vital to us when they were breaking at pace

LoveCity said:
blightee is desperate for him to fail, been on his back since he signed and wants to feel vindicated.

Statistically speaking he was the best defensive player on the pitch by a margin tonight. 4 successful tackles (joint highest) and 6 interceptions (a very high total).

Played well, I noticed he sat back more while Yaya sauntered forward this time, are they swapping roles? Fernandinho is a better tackler so it might be wise, but one of his strengths is dribbling.

Just posted this in the post match thread, made a huge difference to both players. I don't think Fernandinho trusts Yaya to do the hard work behind him so prefers being the one with that particular responsibility and Yaya is better further forward. Top game.

Very disciplined performance, showing his Euro-experience. Had the odd dodgy touch/pass, but i really think he'll grow into a top quality central midfielder for us. You can see he has a natural understanding of the game and composure, just looks like maybe he's feeling a bit of price-pressure.

blightee said:
Nice setplay hes shown in several games;
Play shitty through ball that's easily intercepted, attempt to foul to prevent counter attack, get burned for pace/shrugged off the ball, trip over own boots and fall on the attackers heels. Yellow card. 35 million pounds.
88% pass success
3/4 accurate long balls
6 interceptions (tied for most)
4 tackles (the most)
1 key pass

Whilst playing the holding role in midfield. Also, that one instance you mention was his only foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.