Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else notice that he makes countless interceptions but almost always comes out of a 50/50 on the losing side? I'm not knocking him in any way before anybody jumps on me, he reads the play extremely well he just seems to be ridiculously unlucky through bobbles/deflections/whatever when it comes to actually coming away with the ball.

was excellent tonight ... reads the game as well as barry but is 3x quicker...with barry in there we would be overrun because players just go right by him ... can't believe people can't realize this ...

LoveCity said:
blightee is desperate for him to fail, been on his back since he signed and wants to feel vindicated.

Statistically speaking he was the best defensive player on the pitch by a margin tonight. 4 successful tackles (joint highest) and 6 interceptions (a very high total).

Played well, I noticed he sat back more while Yaya sauntered forward this time, are they swapping roles? Fernandinho is a better tackler so it might be wise, but one of his strengths is dribbling.

Fern as DM, Yaya as AM.

Simply has to be.

ninjamonkey said:
Anybody else notice that he makes countless interceptions but almost always comes out of a 50/50 on the losing side? I'm not knocking him in any way before anybody jumps on me, he reads the play extremely well he just seems to be ridiculously unlucky through bobbles/deflections/whatever when it comes to actually coming away with the ball.

Yes, I've thought/noticed exactly this.

pudge said:
blightee said:
Nice setplay hes shown in several games;
Play shitty through ball that's easily intercepted, attempt to foul to prevent counter attack, get burned for pace/shrugged off the ball, trip over own boots and fall on the attackers heels. Yellow card. 35 million pounds.
88% pass success
3/4 accurate long balls
6 interceptions (tied for most)
4 tackles (the most)
1 key pass

Whilst playing the holding role in midfield. Also, that one instance you mention was his only foul.

Exactly. Shite.

Holcombe bloo said:
Fernandinho superb tonight, as was most of the team, I'm feeling more confident for weekend now.

He was not superb.

People get blinded to reality by individual score lines. Good second half performance, but Fernandinho plays the simple pass every time. He never seems to make space for himself and doesn't seem to want the ball. His distribution is just not creative and in no way does he impose himself on the game.

The rags will be a much tougher test and although I agree that tonight's result should give the team confidence, we were not playing PL standard opposition. In the prem Fernandinho has looked far from convincing and, because I desperately want us to win the game, I hope Milner gets the start ahead of Fernandinho on Sunday.

mammutly said:
Holcombe bloo said:
Fernandinho superb tonight, as was most of the team, I'm feeling more confident for weekend now.

He was not superb.

People get blinded to reality by individual score lines. Good second half performance, but Fernandinho plays the simple pass every time. He never seems to make space for himself and doesn't seem to want the ball. His distribution is just not creative and in no way does he impose himself on the game.

The rags will be a much tougher test and although I agree that tonight's result should give the team confidence, we were not playing PL standard opposition. In the prem Fernandinho has looked far from convincing and, because I desperately want us to win the game, I hope Milner gets the start ahead of Fernandinho on Sunday.

laughable.

mammutly said:
Holcombe bloo said:

He was not superb.

Except he doesn't only make simple passes. The majority of a central midfielder's passes won't go far but Fernandinho tried 4 long balls/passes today of which 3 were accurate.

Funny you use the word 'blinded', I think some of you are so desperate to justify your early opinions of him that you're subconsciously willing him to play shit and seeing a bad performance even when it isn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.