Fernandinho

Fernandinho worries me. Last season after a slow start he was very good. He got picked for Brazil in WC - played their second game and scored.
Became a cult hero - then against Columbia he came on and proceeded to kick every thing in sight. How he did not get sent off I do not know.
This season he has not reached the form of late last season. WHY - not enough games?. I would play him every game with Yaya being played further forward - as many have already said on here.

Fernandinho is not a flop. The team isn't built around him . The man is an attacking midfielder who has been asked to play as a defensive midfielder alongside Toure . If we want to see the best of him, we must build a team around him .. you can't just stick players in unfamiliar positions and expect them to adapt without problems.

He went off the boil towards the end of last season and has struggled to regain any form. I don't blame him though, I think our ridiculous system has run him into the ground. It's no coincidence that whoever we partner in a two with Yaya comes in for abuse and spends the entire game chasing shadows and struggling to stop people running straight at our defence. It's too much work for one player, I have no idea why any manager would think that you can play like this.

mastermind said:
Fernandinho is not a flop. The team isn't built around him . The man is an attacking midfielder who has been asked to play as a defensive midfielder alongside Toure . If we want to see the best of him, we must build a team around him .. you can't just stick players in unfamiliar positions and expect them to adapt without problems.

This.

When we signed him, he had a player playing behind him all the time, every game. If we wanted a def mid, we should have signed the other bloke.

I would like to see him in a midfield three alongside Fernando and Yaya. We ask a lot of the poor sod that plays alongside Yaya and I think the fact that Fernandinho carried out that role so well last season is a credit to him. Bit of support in the midfield and I think all three would be more effective.

The biggest drop-off in form I have seen in a player since Van Persie.

A yellow or red card waiting to happen every time he steps on the pitch.

He's not getting any younger, either, so he needs to find his bollocks again, and remember what made him such a pivotal player.

For the 20 minutes or so that we had Fernando, Fernandinho with Toure ahead of them it was a brief glimpse into what so many have been calling for all season. That is a solid midfield that will not be overrun and cut through so easily, and it plays to each of these players' strengths. It is so frustrating that we have hardly seen this this season, and that Pellegrini went back to 442 at when they were starting to click.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.