Fernandinho

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The biggest drop-off in form I have seen in a player since Van Persie.

A yellow or red card waiting to happen every time he steps on the pitch.

He's not getting any younger, either, so he needs to find his bollocks again, and remember what made him such a pivotal player.

This 100%.

I would go so far as to say his poor form is one of the major reasons behind our poor form this season.

The Germany demolition had knocked his and a nations confidence!

We now have a player who does not have the motivation and desire to perform to make it into the World Cup squad for Brazil.

The 4-4-2 system was playable with a fernandinho on top form as he did Yaya's 'dirty work' at times. He's a shadow of his former self. I hope he gets his mojo back and quick as he's one of our most important players. Come on Ferna!!!

Ok did some quick stats on this.

Fernandinho p28 w 22 d 3 l 3 scored 85 ( 3.03 avg ) conceded 31 ( 1.10 avg) avg points 2.46

Fernandinho doesnt play. p9 w 5 d 2 L 2 Scored 14 ( Avg 1.44 ) conceded 5 ( avg 0.66 ) avg points 1.88

So I know he played mostly last season but this proves when he plays we don't score enough goals but the defence is still decent ( 1.10 per game )

Manuel dropped him ( rightly so I guess you have to say ) a few games before the end of the season to sure up defence but at the expense of us scoring goals which is proved in this stat.

I don't think we can blame it on the Brazil-Germany game, he was already well out of form before the season ended, with Javi keeping him out of the team. The summer cannot of helped though.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
super_city_si said:
Needs to get his head out if arse. The World Cup has destroyed him.

He certainly does. Fucking garbage this year.
Just an average midfielder that you wouldn't notice if he played for any other prem team. Nothing more and nothing less than a average centre mid always was and always will be...Slightly better than Fernando who is simply De Jong lite

You don't half talk some fucking shite, maybe he'd play better if Pellegrini actually fucking played him instead of Fernando, who has managed the impossible task of being a downgrade on Javi Garcia.

mastermind said:
Fernandinho is not a flop. The team isn't built around him . The man is an attacking midfielder who has been asked to play as a defensive midfielder alongside Toure . If we want to see the best of him, we must build a team around him .. you can't just stick players in unfamiliar positions and expect them to adapt without problems.
Oh dear! Did I read that right...build a team around Fernandinho, great to see our fans have kept a sense of humour. I think I see what your getting at, Let's build another team around Clichy so he's less inclined to gift the ball to opponents and get murdered by journey men every time.
It's like the emperors new clothes regards Fernandinho..he was shown for the average player he is at the World Cup...he's alright that's about it, he's 29, he's never pulled up any trees and if he's an attacking midfielder he's a very limited one. He's a alright player...that's it

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
mastermind said:
Fernandinho is not a flop. The team isn't built around him . The man is an attacking midfielder who has been asked to play as a defensive midfielder alongside Toure . If we want to see the best of him, we must build a team around him .. you can't just stick players in unfamiliar positions and expect them to adapt without problems.
Oh dear! Did I read that right...build a team around Fernandinho, great to see our fans have kept a sense of humour. I think I see what your getting at, Let's build another team around Clichy so he's less inclined to gift the ball to opponents and get murdered by journey men every time.
It's like the emperors new clothes regards Fernandinho..he was shown for the average player he is at the World Cup...he's alright that's about it, he's 29, he's never pulled up any trees and if he's an attacking midfielder he's a very limited one. He's a alright player...that's it
Your such a bellend it defies logic

As embarrassing a thread as I have encountered.Not content with making fools of yourselves on last years version of this topic,people decide to contribute to another,with equally foolish,and kneejerk,statements about a player who was instrumental in our trophy success last year.

Seriously,get a fucking grip.

What so let's pretend then that Fernandinho is a world class player. Not saying he's shite, he's a good player..that's about it. People getting carried away saying shite like build a team around him, he's not bloody Messi, he's 29 year old box to box midfielder and a decent above average one at that (but is prone to too many lapses in concentration for my liking)..but fuck me you'd think some were talking about the next Messi here. Kompany, Kun, Silva are our great players. Half a good season and Dinhos already up there with Bell. I like him, ye can like him but let's call a spade a fucking spade lads

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.