Fernando has turned it around

Limited player who still couldnt hit either Garcia's best form or NDJ's best form yet. All 3 of them quite limited DM's, maybe its time for us to go for a DM that has some ball skills and able to bring it forward a bit maybe with some long shot skills or just setting up a few attacks from deep once in a while.

Its 100% Pep wont need him, sometimes he is scared of the ball, Pep will see that in the very first training or he knows this already probably. (And that is bad news for Mangala as well.)

But he only cost 12m for us (after he signed a contract with Porto 6 month before coming free trough Bosman rule). We should recoup 6-8m from a Russian team maybe for him. Even more from Chinese team hehe.

Wasn't his fault tonight. Silva played too far forward, killing any hope we had of being a compact middle.

Don't think he can be blamed for that tonight, basically played the second half on his own against their midfield.

He can just about defend but he can't pass forwards to save his live.
We needed energy in the DM area of the pitch - we had none.
After his rather good performance against Chelsea, Aleix Garcia should have played in a DM role tonight.

Christ, just seen this thread, I must be watching a different player.

I'm familiar with the Fernando who plays for this club and is utter tosh, who's this bloke who has seemingly "turned it around"? Is Torres scoring again?

Don't think he can be blamed for that tonight, basically played the second half on his own against their midfield.

He is a defensive midfielder, just watch how absolutely sh*te he marks / tracks Milner for his goal. I've cut hi some slack as he has had a couple of average games but he just isn't good enough.

I don't think he's any good but he's played 4 games in a row now, he must be shattered.

The whole team is knackered, they didn't have the legs for today.

I think everyone knows he can't play in a two, in the final and in Kiev dinho tucked in to make a 3 and it worked well. Should have played Alex Garcia with him, has a calm head about him. Other than that it might be worth pushing zaba into midfield, doesn't have the legs against fast wingers anymore but has the fitness and ok-ish passing to cover the defensive midfield role with Fernando.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.