Fernando has turned it around

he's starting to look like the player we wanted when we bought him. One of the best defensive midfielders this season?? wouldnt say so ... can think of Kante, Kouyate, Dier have all been consistent and better.

Think Guardiola will try and get Busquets in the summer for that role.
stick Fernando in a team that sits and breaks he would look well worth the money, and I cant see busquets being an upgrade in this formation,infact I reckon he would look shite under mr pellegrini

These last few games have shown that even an in-form Fernando isnt good enough.

We can't be doing with a player than can only play such a narrowly defined role and nothing else. Especially when the role he plays isn't exactly a work of art. We have EDS lads better than him.

These last few games have shown that even an in-form Fernando isnt good enough.

We can't be doing with a player than can only play such a narrowly defined role and nothing else. Especially when the role he plays isn't exactly a work of art. We have EDS lads better than him.
You must have been watching a different game to me in Kiev then. One of our better players in the final too and not the worst by far last night. Whether he will be a fit for Pep is another question but there's no reason he can't do a job for us in a 3, as he's proved recently.

Yes he has a limited role. His main advantage recently is that he has plugged the gaps for Yaya, allowing Yaya more freedom to resume his old role and bomb forward. When Yaya was younger and fitter he didn't need someone like Nando covering his back as much as he does now.

However his role limits our options although Dinho has been good operating on the right.

You must have been watching a different game to me in Kiev then. One of our better players in the final too and not the worst by far last night. Whether he will be a fit for Pep is another question but there's no reason he can't do a job for us in a 3, as he's proved recently.
That is exactly my point. He can "do a job in a 3".

But the minute the set up is changed he becomes redundant, and he'll start to pop up on the wings and on the edge of the box, which is pointless.

And our players should be striving for better than "do a job".

He is having a mini-resurgence like Javj Garcia, but he's not even on Garcia's level and will thankfully be replaced in the summer.

But the minute the set up is changed he becomes redundant, and he'll start to pop up on the wings and on the edge of the box, which is pointless.

He is having a mini-resurgence like Javj Garcia, but he's not even on Garcia's level and will thankfully be replaced in the summer.

That sums it up perfectly.

You're probably right, he will be replaced. His last few games have been good though.

In the games I saw him play for Porto, he invariably sat in front of the centre backs in a 3 and he was good at it. You could be forgiven for thinking that's why we bought him. Instead, his passing has been exposed by playing in a two and fans' expectations weren't met because of this 'octopus' bollocks.

There were far worse out there than him last night is all I'm saying.

You're probably right, he will be replaced. His last few games have been good though.

In the games I saw him play for Porto, he invariably sat in front of the centre backs in a 3 and he was good at it. You could be forgiven for thinking that's why we bought him. Instead, his passing has been exposed by playing in a two and fans' expectations weren't met because of this 'octopus' bollocks.

There were far worse out there than him last night is all I'm saying.
I completely agree with you, but it was obvious Pellegrini was never going to play week in week out with a 3 man midfield with a defensive midfielder, like Mancini would often do with De Jong.

Quite how Txiki managed to sign Fernando to play in a Pellegrini team is beyond me, there must have been a hell of a breakdown in communication there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.