Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget that Torres has basically played footy non stop for about 4 years, and is consistently rushed back after injury. We could afford to nurse him back properly and give him adequate rest time.

Damocles said:
People forget that Torres has basically played footy non stop for about 4 years, and is consistently rushed back after injury. We could afford to nurse him back properly and give him adequate rest time.

Maybe but what was his Injury record at Athletico Madrid? We cannot afford to carry too many crocks at our club

This is true but the question is if long term irreversible damage has been done - look at Owen.

To be honest for us its not really a risk as hes completely proven in the league and when 100% fit hes a 30 goals a season player and the owners clearly dont care about the money when it comes to big names.

£40 million is 48 million euro though thats significantly more than Barca paid for Villa so i cant see his fee being much beyond that even to city.

If he goes back to spain or to italy they wont pay anything like that, I would also question if he would pass a proper medical there are big questions in spain about his long term fitness prospects. Barca want him so I think he will end up there if they can find the money.

Prestwich_Blue said:
alera said:
There are some pretty bad rumoours doing the rounds about Gerrard, talk of a gaging order on the press and the story will break shortly.
These have been going round for ages. A couple on here work for newspapers and have confirmed no gagging orders have been issued.

He should wipe his slate clean and move abroad. At Liverpool, Gerrard is just about finished and at another top British Club (us included) he will just become a passenger.

We have signed Silva and yaya, with the other players we have cant see any chance we will be interested anyway. Providing the rumours are bullshit he will probably end up at Real. He looks pretty washed up these days TBH, if Van der Vart cant get in that team how will he ?

If liverpool sold torres i could see them literally fall to the ground . With him there they have a foundation , take him and gerrard and they're fooked. Torres is still such a fantastic player on his day 23 goals last season even with injuries just let him recover properly and give him the best medical attention he can get and i guarantee this guy will be even better than at liverpool. They were dependant upon him , if he came here and got injured we have more than adequate cover in Ade . But i personally wouldnt be too fused if we dint get another striker ade is to me world class

Blue Elmo said:
If liverpool sold torres i could see them literally fall to the ground . With him there they have a foundation , take him and gerrard and they're fooked. Torres is still such a fantastic player on his day 23 goals last season even with injuries just let him recover properly and give him the best medical attention he can get and i guarantee this guy will be even better than at liverpool. They were dependant upon him , if he came here and got injured we have more than adequate cover in Ade . But i personally wouldnt be too fused if we dint get another striker ade is to me world class

I dont disagree on this however

a) he was too inconsistent for both us and Arsenal to be truly world class
b) If he were to get injured who do we have as back up ?
c) as we have no back up is Ade really as sharp as he could be knowing his place is currently pretty secure ?

Whilst Ade is a class striker he needs competition and as a club so do we, therefore if a player with the calibre of Torres was possibly availanle we have to do all we can to get him imo

We have said we are not selling Ade and he said during the world cup hes staying so its as well as....

Everyone but the most ardent Liverpool fan knows there is a day of reckoning comming for them soon.

Season before last with champions league football and a good run in league and cups they lost £50 million. Last season with their finish outside top 4 and early knock out of all the cups plus no champions league revenue they could loose £100 million this financial year.

They have debts of £400 million already all of which is due for refinancing at the end of this year (with no takers, the deadline has already been extended)

No buyers forthcomming for the club, and non likley to be with the debts, need for a new ground (£400 million) plus the money the yanks what for them.

It seems inevitable that Torres, Gerrard and Masc will be sold their fans wont except it but I cant see any other option unless a rich sugar daddy shows up at the last minute and bails them out of the shit.

80s Shorts said:
Just received a pm from a respected member (asked not to reveal his name) which corroberates information I received earlier this evening. Not surprising given the developments over at Anfield in the last few hours. Torres representatives are definately speaking to us AGAIN..... fingers crossed guys.

They have been again for the last 2 weeks.

this deal is very much well and alive, i said the torres deal suddenly picked up once silva was made public.

with toure and silva in the bag, torres could think 'well i'll have some of that aswell'

could be an even bigger summer, this is just the very beginning......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.