Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
superblue91 said:
SamTheGuru said:
Torres will not come here.

The chances are he probably wont but how can you be so sure after the last 2 signings,no one really thought they were gonna come did they not deep down.

It´s his jinx..Everytime he says that the doorbell rings within a day or two.

Or in the case of Silva, within an hour after he posted that it will not be within a month at least.

SamTheGuru said:
superblue91 said:
The chances are he probably wont but how can you be so sure after the last 2 signings,no one really thought they were gonna come did they not deep down.

The Boateng deal was done months ago, we all knew that he was coming. I did not expect the Silva one mind you.

Not on about Boateng m8,im on about YAYA,cause that deal looks as good as done to me,2 far down the line with it i would have thought.

superblue91 said:
SamTheGuru said:
The Boateng deal was done months ago, we all knew that he was coming. I did not expect the Silva one mind you.

Not on about Boateng m8,im on about YAYA,cause that deal looks as goos as done to me,2 far down the line with it i would have thought.

Eto'o looked as good as done to me last year. This Yaya deal stinks of the Eto'o deal!!! God I am in a pessimistic mood today!

SamTheGuru said:
superblue91 said:
Not on about Boateng m8,im on about YAYA,cause that deal looks as goos as done to me,2 far down the line with it i would have thought.

Eto'o looked as good as done to me last year. This Yaya deal stinks of the Eto'o deal!!! God I am in a pessimistic mood today!

If it had the same conclusion I'd tell Barcelona where to go in all future deals and make clear to them that our "allie" status and "understanding" is dependant on this transaction being successful as this would not be the first time it has happened. No harm in calling their bluff and raising the stakes. With them in debt, they need us more than we need them as funny as it sounds!

I've just had to delete half of this topic.

Keep it about Nando or we'll be forced to pull the thread.

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1279706_city_hope_silva_swoop_can_tempt_torres" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... mpt_torres</a>

City hope Silva swoop can tempt Torres

Stuart Brennan

Manchester City will complete a hat-trick of World Cup stars next week – and that could be just a beginning.

Fresh from announcing the £25m signing of Spain’s David Silva, City can now complete the formalities of £11million capture of Germany defender Jerome Boateng.

With £24m Ivory Coast ace Yaya Toure simply awaiting the sanction of incoming Barcelona president Sandro Rosell before completing his move, the Blues have added three formidable new players to their ranks.

But the Blues have moved as quickly as possible this summer because they are still hoping to make at least one more stellar capture, with the name of Fernando Torres still being whispered around Eastlands corridors.

The Liverpool striker was number one target two months ago, but the failure to secure Champions League football seemed to have killed any chance of landing him.

But the sight of world-class talent like Silva, Toure and Boateng heading for east Manchester will, City hope, make the Spain star think again.

If not, City will look at alternatives such as Wolfsburg’s Edin Dzeko, if the £32m price tag falls.

Silva, who is expected to be on the bench for Spain’s World Cup quarter-final with Paraguay on Sunday, claims he has been watching City’s progress with interest for 18 months.

M.E.N. Sport understands he also sounded out Premier League stars Torres and Pepe Reina about the Blues’ prospects while in the Spanish camp in South Africa, and received positive feedback.

He was also tempted by a four-year contract which makes him one of the highest earners in the Premier League on around £150,000 a week.

“The time is right for me to seek a new challenge, and I am thrilled about playing in England with Manchester City,” said the 24-year-old from Gran Canaria.

“I believe the Premier League is one of the best competitions in the world and I want to bring success to City and win trophies for them.

“I want to say that I always hoped to come to City and I am excited about my future there.

“They are a club with a great future with fantastic players. I want to be an important player in City’s history.“

Silva has been concerned that his move to City may be seen as a distraction from his international commitments, so he pointed out that agents have been carrying out all the donkey work and that he has kept the contact to a minimum.

“There has been a lot of speculation about me in the British and Spanish media, and I need to fully concentrate on playing for Spain in the World Cup,” he said.

“That is why my advisors have been dealing with City for me so that I can have my attentions only on South Africa and playing well for my national team

I imagine that Stuart Brennan did as I did and put two and two together, then started asking questions of his sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.