I don't know why we're not favourites to sign him:

Chelsea:

- have Champions League football

City:

- Just signed his mate
- No need to uproot
- We need a striker
- We can outbid Chelsea on both fee and wages

Champions League football is vastly overrated as an incentive to move clubs IMO.

agreed, bear in mind there is always a chance (small) that chelsea could end up in the europa league with us.

Has anyone noticed that the noises coming out of Liverpool have become less and less optimistic over the last couple of days? I get the impression that Woy is slowly trying to bring the fans around to the inevitable, that he is going.
So that will leave 3 possible world class players in play this transfer window;
Torres, Aguero, and Luiz
Now I personally wold hoipe that we would be in with a chance of at least one of those (if we had CL this year maybe 2)my personal fav amongst them would be Luiz because a I feel a genuine world class CB would cap our spending off perfectly, but you pays yer money you takes yer pick.

allan harper said:
Liverpool adding cole to their side even if they do keep torres isn't of great concern to me. They had benni last season who's just as good as cole imo and they didn't look that good a side. I reckon liverpool at a push are looking at finishing 6th at best. Us chelsea spurs scum arsenal all have a better squad then them. They will be fighting for 6th 7th 8th positions with villa and everton. I'd love it if Mancini could use his charm on Torres that would be the icing on the cake as they say..

don't write off hodgsons ability to do well with the players liverpool have, i think liverpool with a fit torres, cole and gerrard will be a different proposition to last season especially now benitez is gone as i feel a lot of there problems arose due to his wacky team selection and tactics
hodgson will have them well drilled and hard to beat

Bluemer said:
Chelsea don't even want Torres, Ancelotti said last week.

Yes Ancelotti did say this, though he could have been bullshitting of course. If Nando doesn't go to Chelsea I can't see him going anywhere else other than here (not sure whether Barca have the money/desire to sign him), especially as he appears to have settled in the Merseyside area (god knows why).

big blueballs said:
allan harper said:
Liverpool adding cole to their side even if they do keep torres isn't of great concern to me. They had benni last season who's just as good as cole imo and they didn't look that good a side. I reckon liverpool at a push are looking at finishing 6th at best. Us chelsea spurs scum arsenal all have a better squad then them. They will be fighting for 6th 7th 8th positions with villa and everton. I'd love it if Mancini could use his charm on Torres that would be the icing on the cake as they say..

don't write off hodgsons ability to do well with the players liverpool have, i think liverpool with a fit torres, cole and gerrard will be a different proposition to last season especially now benitez is gone as i feel a lot of there problems arose due to his wacky team selection and tactics
I agree with what you say Roy's main priority will be the league under rafa it seemed he was more concerned with champions league but being hard to beat is one thing but winning matches is another. Everton are a team hard to beat but I don't see them challenging to much at the top.

allan harper said:
big blueballs said:
I agree with what you say Roy's main priority will be the league under rafa it seemed he was more concerned with champions league but being hard to beat is one thing but winning matches is another. Everton are a team hard to beat but I don't see them challenging to much at the top.

Got to agree. Benitez never seemed to know how to win the PL his teams were always European ones unlike baconface who has always built teams of flat track bullies to win the PL but don't do well n Europe.

Hodgson is PL crafty and with or without Torres Liverpool will be a much harder proposition in the PL than last season.

allan harper said:
big blueballs said:

your right about everton and the same could be said for fulham last season who were a wisker away from wining the europa league, but they don't have a torres or gerrard in there ranks liverpool have the ability to win matches with those two fit and firing on all cylinders which is where they differ and this is why i would not right off liverpool just yet with hodgson at the helm

like someone posted earlier i would prefer to see torres leave liverpool as it would weaken them massively but i would like him to go abroad if not to us, as chelsea getting him would not be good for us

A Fully Fit Torres would be great but in all fairness he's now in the same league as Michael Owen, play about 5 games crocked for 10.

I really struggle with my feelings on Torres. Of course who wouldn't want a fit Torres, however, having watched him last season and in the world cup, are his injuries now more of a factor than his talent? I know he is young and that Liverpool didn't allow him to heal last year, however will he be a Shearer or like both Owen and Hargreaves who had major problems at this age?
I think ambivalence is the best explanation of how I feel. If he comes and he is fantastic, then I couldn't be happier. If he doesn't come, then with Tevez, Ade and Balo or Dzeko I am more than confident of an increase in position next season. The problem arrives if he comes and isn't fit. That adds to the media perception of us "ruining football". But more importantly it would take away a valuable space in our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.