Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what everyones missing here is Torres was injured so much last season because Liverpool kept rushing him back. He was no where near fit enough for the World Cup and this is probably the reason he's so unhappy with them.

We could give him the chance to get fully fit again, which in turn will give us 30 goals a season.

Torres at City? Yes, yes, yes!

He could well leave. He has consistently said he wants to see top players brought in and while the dippers have gotten very excited over Joe Cole, I think Torres had bigger names in mind. Even if Cole was world class he's just 1 signing, Torres said he wants 3 or 4 top players. I think he'll go and I reckon we have a chance, our recent signings wont have gone unnoticed. Might not have champions league this season but he knows we could push hard for the title and the next 2 or 3 years could see us become a major force in europe. Don't see how he owes Liverpool anything, they've done nothing but break promises and why should he be loyal when Gerrard didn't declare his 'commitment' til Real said they were no longer interested.

as good as he can be lets try unearth the next torres or nurture someone to be that good instead of buying a crock and a dippers reject.let them keep an unhappy player.we must be a big enough name now to attract top young talent.

stoneytheblue said:
I think what everyones missing here is Torres was injured so much last season because Liverpool kept rushing him back. He was no where near fit enough for the World Cup and this is probably the reason he's so unhappy with them.

We could give him the chance to get fully fit again, which in turn will give us 30 goals a season.

Torres at City? Yes, yes, yes!

It's happened so often he might not reach that stage of 'injury free' again. He's always going to get these recurrences because of the amount of strain he has been put under over the last two years.

the big problem for me with Hodgson and the dippers is what does he prioritise next season. we saw at Fulham that he put europa as his priority (especially in the latter stages) but even when they played us in the league cup he sent out a reserve team because of the small squad he has. At the minute he has the same problem at Liverpool, in that he has a small squad compared to the rest of the top 6, they also have Europa League matches,and the 2 cup competitions, which will he prioritise, and will the Scouse faithful be happy with him sending out a reserve team away in europe. He may have it in the back of his mind that if he sells Torres,and is allowed to keep the bulk of the money, he could bring in 3,4 or 5 players to strenghten his squad in order to try and compete on all fronts. he has to weigh that up against losing the goalscoring ability of Torres. If you take away their Europa Cup run, Fulham had a poor season last year, with their league finishing position adversley affected by the europa league. If the same happens at Liverpool, they could slip even further back into the also rans in the league, and then he has the locals on his back,and he is under pressure even more.
For me, Torres would be a class signing for City, given the chance to get 100% fit, but I really can't see it happening this season!

Exactly the sort of signing we should avoid. Way too much money for someone so injury prone.

I've been thinking which striker I would prefer Torres or Mario,

Obviously Torres playing for City would be amazing, he is a great player, who is a natural goal scorer. The advantage of Balotelli, however, is that he is a goal scorer, with attitude. Yes this can cause problems, but in my opinion we need players like mario, his passion would be great for city, similar to bellamy<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:32 pm --<br /><br />I've been thinking which striker I would prefer Torres or Mario,

Obviously Torres playing for City would be amazing, he is a great player, who is a natural goal scorer. The advantage of Balotelli, however, is that he is a goal scorer, with attitude. Yes this can cause problems, but in my opinion we need players like mario, his passion would be great for city, similar to bellamy

Forzacitizens said:

Obviously Torres playing for City would be amazing, he is a great player, who is a natural goal scorer. The advantage of Balotelli, however, is that he is a goal scorer, with attitude. Yes this can cause problems, but in my opinion we need players like mario, his passion would be great for city, similar to bellamy

-- Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:32 pm --

Craig and Mario what a pair!! Hope they see eye-to-eye!!!!!!!

spacecadet said:
Craig and Mario what a pair!! Hope they see eye-to-eye!!!!!!!
Shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't have thought. If Craig doesn't see eye to eye with him he'll just use a golf club to adjust them a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.