Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we're in for Torres at all. Nor do I think we have any intention and the last thing we want to do is stengthen the Dippers with a £60 million windfall for a crock.

Pam said:
Talk Shite saying Mancini wants to offer £60 mill for Torres but as usual, they give no context and if he had actually said that, it would be all over every news resource. And it isn't.

Except SSN, who were until the wee small hours still gleefully reporting that Henry scored last night.

You just gotta love 'em and God help them if they ever let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Things will change though 'mark my words'

Pam said:
Talk Shite saying Mancini wants to offer £60 mill for Torres but as usual, they give no context and if he had actually said that, it would be all over every news resource. And it isn't.

Guardian said £70m

Blue Coop said:
Pam said:

Guardian said £70m

Lying bastards. Last week it was Chelski and the figure was £50m. More journo posterier-speak.

LoveCity said:
malg said:
I'm still worried about his injuries. Is Torres more about signing the name, and his shirt sales worldwide? Lets face it £50m with his injury record over the last couple of seasons is a bit silly.

Hopefully with our strength in depth, he'd be allowed to heal properly and come back fully fit. I really hope his injuries aren't chronic or this would be a disasterous signing.
Maybe a season away from the Champions League is what he needs? Bit less football and a chance to rehabilitate properly and get back to the form that actually made him worth anything near £50m.

There's still the issue of giving the dippers dosh to spend. Benetez could usually be relied on buy crap. Hodgson is a different proposition. £50m plus in his hands is not osmthing I care to see.

Pam said:
There's still the issue of giving the dippers dosh to spend. Benetez could usually be relied on buy crap. Hodgson is a different proposition. £50m plus in his hands is not osmthing I care to see.

Won't get all the transfer fee. Torres and Liverpool aren't just parting ways for footballing reasons.

Most of Torres's injury problems last year were due to Fat Rafa rushing him back to early because he was desperate. Torres should never gone to the world cup imo was never fully fit.

sam221985 said:
Pam said:

Won't get all the transfer fee. Torres and Liverpool aren't just parting ways for footballing reasons.

Surely we are also rapidly gaining on the point in our history when we stop worrying about what other clubs have or want because we understand the strength that we have.

lionheart said:
MadchesterCity said:
Oh I do hope so - if we landed Balotelli, Milner and him would we be favourites for the title?
We could sign the eleven best players in the world and not necessarily win the title. The problem is getting them to play together as a unit and each understanding their role. Please let us not raise our expectations.

I agree, was meaning with the bookies not the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.