Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
justalittlemoreeffortade said:
Chippy_boy said:
I hope that's true but I fear we are getting ahead of ourselves a bit. I have already seen many posters who think we should win the PL this season and that top 4 is a done deal.

Having seen the last 2 games (albeit without the A team playing) it brings me down to earth a bit.

Liverpool will be competiting with us this season, I am sure.

Shouldn't be too concerned at what we have all witnessed in the last two games. They have been used as a taster for the kids, who I think fly back today. The next two games should give us some indication as to where the first team squad is up to as far as preparation for the big KO.

I do agree with you that Liverpool's challenge will be alot more serious under Woy, and they will be serious top 4 contenders.

Didn't he win only one away game last season? that's Mark Hughes first season form.

There are problems above his head too and the players will be aware of them.

You can't write them off, I wouldn't be writing them off if this was another season under Rafa either - but to say they're in a BETTER position than when Rafa was there, I don't get what that's based on.

sam221985 said:
justalittlemoreeffortade said:
Shouldn't be too concerned at what we have all witnessed in the last two games. They have been used as a taster for the kids, who I think fly back today. The next two games should give us some indication as to where the first team squad is up to as far as preparation for the big KO.

I do agree with you that Liverpool's challenge will be alot more serious under Woy, and they will be serious top 4 contenders.

Didn't he win only one away game last season? that's Mark Hughes first season form.

There are problems above his head too and the players will be aware of them.

You can't write them off, I wouldn't be writing them off if this was another season under Rafa either - but to say they're in a BETTER position than when Rafa was there, I don't get what that's based on.

Only IMO but I think that history will show that, Love him or Loathe him Raffa just didn't get what it takes to win the Prem, he never did seem to come to terms with the fact that never, never in our league do you get given the right to win against anybody. Woy on the other hand understands and knows how to drill a team in the art of dragging points from adverse situations. He also has the ability to cut his cloth to fit the job in hand ( something he will need to do for the forseable future ).

And last point the two records in the transfer market could not be more contrasting.

Re: TORRES EVEN MONEY

Would be the dogs danglies if he wanted to come here, he wouldn't have to move to London and he'd have Silva and Garrido to chat with. However, I don't see Liverpool giving up on him that easy, but he probably knows that City mean business this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.