Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
40 Mill? Chelsea have a bargain. All Torres needs is a rest and he'll be the best there is. Gutted we lost out....Zin...what say you now!?

Won't be too sad if we miss out on him. Would love to have him, but who knows if he'll ever be fit.

40 million is way too low, though, not when we're willing to pay 70. LFC won't accept that.

Re: Own up, who hates the derby.

I think he's most likely to go to chelsea but I'd hazard a guess that talksport know dick all, as per

Re: TORRES EVEN MONEY

bluemoon32 said:
ianw16 said:
Personally I hope you're right, or prefereably that he stays where he is. Firstly, Chelsea were ahead of us last season, so if he joins them and does wall, then we haven't lost anything really. However, if he hardly plays that could mess them up.
Liverpool were below us last season, and I don't think it matters what sort of season he has for them, they'll still finish below us. If they get £70m to spend though, with a canny manager, who knows? Stay where you are Fernando!

I think Liverpool will be a threat to us this season, i really can't see them being as shit as last season.

Possibly. But I'll leave you with this thought (off to the pub, it's hot as buggery here in the soft south); Who would you take from their probable starting line up? Given that Mascherano is probably off. Reina's good but so are our lads. Gerrard? At his best, yes, but are those days behind him? Torres fit and firing, definitely. The rest? Nah, you can have 'em! Maybe Agger, but that's it. If they finish above us with that lot, then Hodgson is the new Messiah.

Jonnos left peg said:
I'm hearing through the grapevine it will be announced tomorrow.

Torres to Chelsea £40m.

I really don't care as I'm not at all fussed about Torres (much more excited about Balotelli) but I find it impossible to believe Mancini would be so out of the loop as to say what he said yesterday about Torres if negotiations with Chelsea were that far advanced...

And no way he'll go to a Premier League team for only £40m (even though that is about his worth IMO). Surely not.

Swiss Tony said:
He was in America, they asked him about an American player... of course he'd say he's good - PR and all that! The best American outfield player is Clint Dempsey, then there's the Goal Tender Brad Friedel...

I read this (well only half of it cause of the pure bull that was written in it...) and the bit about Donavan made me spit my coffee out at the machine!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-must-make-to-get-into-the-champions-league?

For the lazy and those nto wishing to be offended by some yanks view on who and why we should sign/sell, the Donavan section is below

After a stellar run during the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Landon Donovan has solidified himself as one of the best strikers in the world.

Although Donovan says he is content with the LA Galaxy and Everton, many people believe Donovan will be playing somewhere else next season.

There is no doubt Roberto Mancini is interested in Donovan. Reports surfaced this week that Manchester City sent scouts to all four of Donovan's cup matches.

Adding Donovan would provide Eastlands with yet another potent scoring threat to complement Carlos Tevez and Robhino.

Donovan makes the other players around him better, especially his midfielders. The team already has one of the best midfields in the world and adding Donovan would only accentuate this strength.

For a fee rumored to be 12-15 million, Mancini can sign one of the best team players in all of soccer.

FYI, the US star keeper is Tim Howard, not Brad Friedel. Friedel isn't even one of the keepers mentioned at this point in his career for the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.