Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
from what was said, he wants to win things at club level. He thinks Chelsea are the best bet for that and you can't really argue with it, as they are more likley to win things than us, for this season at least.

I'd be happy if he went to Chelsea for £40m, as it's nit enough for Liverpool to rebuild and it just means we'll probably finish below Chelsea, which was likely anyway. Better he goes than stays at Liverpool.

I am wondering if this Torres comment yesterday has to do with Luiz. I am wondering if we told Chelsea you can have one, we will take the other.

I am just not sure which one, goes where. I dont see Chelsea with a real need for a striker, they scored 100 goals last year in EPL. On the other hand I can see Torres wanting to go Chelsea for Champions League, and can say to Liverpool im leaving for that reason, instead your skint and im going to Man City for the money (how they would look it not what is reality).

I would rather have Luiz than Torres myself. Would take either though. I just dont see us getting Luiz unless we loan him back to Benf, for a year.. tbh.

Re: TORRES EVEN MONEY

ianw16 said:
bluemoon32 said:
I think Liverpool will be a threat to us this season, i really can't see them being as shit as last season.

Possibly. But I'll leave you with this thought (off to the pub, it's hot as buggery here in the soft south); Who would you take from their probable starting line up? Given that Mascherano is probably off. Reina's good but so are our lads. Gerrard? At his best, yes, but are those days behind him? Torres fit and firing, definitely. The rest? Nah, you can have 'em! Maybe Agger, but that's it. If they finish above us with that lot, then Hodgson is the new Messiah.

And Carragher is another year older - he looked very slow at the World Cup (He has held Liverpools defence together in recent years but time is catching up with him) - nearly as quick as Gaz Baz.

To add to my previous post, there is a presser at Anfield tomorrow, they are usually always held at Melwood. I'm trying to confirm if Chelski are having one as I was told earlier.

It's possibly to unveil their new signings but no doubt the Torres story will be brought up, but rumour and I stress rumour on merseyside is a takeover announcement.

Jonnos left peg said:
To add to my previous post, there is a presser at Anfield tomorrow, they are usually always held at Melwood. I'm trying to confirm if Chelski are having one as I was told earlier.

It's possibly to unveil their new signings but no doubt the Torres story will be brought up, but rumour and I stress rumour on merseyside is a takeover announcement.

Could be to announce the replacement for Javi. They are linked with Tiago, but I'd be shocked if it's done by tomorrow but you never know. Could also be to unveil Cole and/or Danny Wilson.

warhawkmoski said:
Jonnos left peg said:

Could be to announce the replacement for Javi. They are linked with Tiago, but I'd be shocked if it's done by tomorrow but you never know. Could also be to unveil Cole and/or Danny Wilson.

I doubt anyone is that advanced re a takeover it might be an interested party but in the present environment and in their state there will be few takers - if interested parties just hang on they may get a bargain - lets face it there's only really the brand of any real value (apart from Torres).

Jonnos left peg said:

I can confirm there is no scheduled Chelsea press conference for tomorrow, however there is one on Thursday at 1:30pm

Ballotelli announced on Wed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.