Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk Shite 7 o'clock news.

Talk Shite sources have been told

1. Something about Englands youth.

2. Something about Milner.

3. Something else.

NO MENTION ABOUT TORRES.

You would think they would mention it wouldnt you.

This is from the beeb....

Manchester City play down talk of Fernando Torres bid

Torres suffers groin injury in the World Cup final

By Dan Roan

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is not actively pursuing Liverpool striker Fernando Torres, BBC Sport understands.
New Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has admitted Torres is unhappy with the club, but that any approach depends on the Spanish star wanting to move.
Liverpool have placed a reported £70m valuation on the 26-year-old, who has also been linked with Chelsea.
And though Mancini has spoken of his admiration for Torres, City have not yet registered an interest in him.
However, City have stepped up their interest in Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko, while Mario Balotelli of Inter Milan remains on their wanted list as they look to bolster their forward options ahead of the new season.
The club are open to offers for Brazilian star Robinho, who went on loan to Santos last season, and could also be willing to loan out Craig Bellamy.
But BBC Sport understands that reports that English trio Wayne Bridge, Micah Richards and Shaun Wright-Phillips will be sold are wide of the mark.

606: DEBATE
Torres would be a huge gamble
TMGBlue
As for Torres, Mancini had said he could be one of "two of three strikers" he could make a move for if the situation was right.
"Torres is one of the best strikers in Europe and is already playing in the Premier League for three years and knows it very well," said Mancini.
"But it depends on his situation - his price and whether he wants to come."
Torres last saw action as Spain won the World Cup final, limping off in extra-time with a groin injury shortly after playing a major role in Andres Iniesta's winning goal against the Netherlands.
However, he is expected to be fit for the start of the season, with Liverpool facing Arsenal on 15 August and Manchester City playing Tottenham a day earlier.
The forward, who joined Liverpool from Atletico Madrid in 2007, signed a new deal at Anfield last year but is believed to be unhappy with the club because he feels let down by broken promises regarding investment in new players.
Hodgson wants to keep him but has conceded: "Unfortunately, I cannot do much more. His beef is with the club and not me."
On Sunday former Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish told BBC Sport that he hoped Hodgson's arrival would help persuade Torres to stay at Anfield.
Reds captain Steven Gerrard has indicated he expects to stay at the club, while Joe Cole's arrival from Chelsea could be another factor in Torres's future plans.

"When Torres sees that and talks with Roy I'm sure he'll give us good news," Dalglish told BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek programme.
"I hope Torres stays. Only Fernando knows what he is going to do. Unfortunately for him he is injured but he is a fantastic player and is very happy around the club and the city.
"The fact that Stevie is staying will be a great help and players like Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Jonjo Shelvey and Danny Wilson mean there is buying for present and the future."
City boss Mancini is still interested in Aston Villa's England midfielder James Milner, although he insisted the club would not be held to ransom.
"When Manchester City enquire about a £10m player, the club asks for £20m. That is not good for us," stated Mancini.
"James is still a player who interests us but only at the right price."

I know Bookies odds are never certain but surely someone knows something if Chelsea to sign Torres is now down to 1/3??

The Fixer said:
This is from the beeb....

Manchester City play down talk of Fernando Torres bid

Torres suffers groin injury in the World Cup final

By Dan Roan

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is not actively pursuing Liverpool striker Fernando Torres, BBC Sport understands.
New Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has admitted Torres is unhappy with the club, but that any approach depends on the Spanish star wanting to move.
Liverpool have placed a reported £70m valuation on the 26-year-old, who has also been linked with Chelsea.
And though Mancini has spoken of his admiration for Torres, City have not yet registered an interest in him.
However, City have stepped up their interest in Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko, while Mario Balotelli of Inter Milan remains on their wanted list as they look to bolster their forward options ahead of the new season.
The club are open to offers for Brazilian star Robinho, who went on loan to Santos last season, and could also be willing to loan out Craig Bellamy.
But BBC Sport understands that reports that English trio Wayne Bridge, Micah Richards and Shaun Wright-Phillips will be sold are wide of the mark.

606: DEBATE
Torres would be a huge gamble
TMGBlue
As for Torres, Mancini had said he could be one of "two of three strikers" he could make a move for if the situation was right.
"Torres is one of the best strikers in Europe and is already playing in the Premier League for three years and knows it very well," said Mancini.
"But it depends on his situation - his price and whether he wants to come."
Torres last saw action as Spain won the World Cup final, limping off in extra-time with a groin injury shortly after playing a major role in Andres Iniesta's winning goal against the Netherlands.
However, he is expected to be fit for the start of the season, with Liverpool facing Arsenal on 15 August and Manchester City playing Tottenham a day earlier.
The forward, who joined Liverpool from Atletico Madrid in 2007, signed a new deal at Anfield last year but is believed to be unhappy with the club because he feels let down by broken promises regarding investment in new players.
Hodgson wants to keep him but has conceded: "Unfortunately, I cannot do much more. His beef is with the club and not me."
On Sunday former Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish told BBC Sport that he hoped Hodgson's arrival would help persuade Torres to stay at Anfield.
Reds captain Steven Gerrard has indicated he expects to stay at the club, while Joe Cole's arrival from Chelsea could be another factor in Torres's future plans.

"When Torres sees that and talks with Roy I'm sure he'll give us good news," Dalglish told BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek programme.
"I hope Torres stays. Only Fernando knows what he is going to do. Unfortunately for him he is injured but he is a fantastic player and is very happy around the club and the city.
"The fact that Stevie is staying will be a great help and players like Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Jonjo Shelvey and Danny Wilson mean there is buying for present and the future."
City boss Mancini is still interested in Aston Villa's England midfielder James Milner, although he insisted the club would not be held to ransom.
"When Manchester City enquire about a £10m player, the club asks for £20m. That is not good for us," stated Mancini.
"James is still a player who interests us but only at the right price."

The headline says we are distancing ourselves and yet the only quotes are from Mancici saying that if the situation was right we would sign him. Self contradictory article if ever I saw one.

I don't think we are in for Torres.

I think there is a chance Bobby said this to prompt Inter and/or Wolfsburg to pull their finger out and accept what we have offered or we are moving on rather than being held to ransom.

Thaksins Love Child said:

I think there is a chance Bobby said this to prompt Inter and/or Wolfsburg to pull their finger out and accept what we have offered or we are moving on rather than being held to ransom.

Good point!!!

was starting to think that myself,declare interest in torres,and flush out inter or wolfsburg...

I am sorry but that is very flawed logic. You cannot put pressure on another club to sell us their striker by saying that if they dont we will buy Europes top striker. It doesnt make sense. How would it prompt them to accept what we offered by threatening to buy a better striker if they dont accept. If you had the resources you would just buy the better striker in the first place.

pbibs said:

I am sorry but that is very flawed logic. You cannot put pressure on another club to sell us their striker by saying that if they dont we will buy Europes top striker. It doesnt make sense.
There again doe's anything happening at City these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.