Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
pbibs said:
Thaksins Love Child said:
I don't think we are in for Torres.

I think there is a chance Bobby said this to prompt Inter and/or Wolfsburg to pull their finger out and accept what we have offered or we are moving on rather than being held to ransom.

I am sorry but that is very flawed logic. You cannot put pressure on another club to sell us their striker by saying that if they dont we will buy Europes top striker. It doesnt make sense.

it makes perfect sense, let clubs know you're looking at other targets and hope their desire for the cash is great enough to cut a bit off their valuation.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
pbibs said:
I am sorry but that is very flawed logic. You cannot put pressure on another club to sell us their striker by saying that if they dont we will buy Europes top striker. It doesnt make sense.
There again doe's anything happening at City these days.

You see what I am saying though. You cant put them under pressure by threatening to buy a better striker. You would just buy the better striker in the first place.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
pbibs said:

it makes perfect sense, let clubs know you're looking at other targets and hope their desire for the cash is great enough to cut a bit off their valuation.
exactly this type of skullduggery probably goes on all the time between teams imo...ie calling ones bluff...

TheLegendOfBerti said:
pbibs said:

Rubbbish. If we were in a position to buy the superior striker, then in our position we would. Thats why you cannot use this arguement to put pressure on another club. If the particular players are of a similar level then yes, but not when you are talking about a superior player. In your world you would go into a Nissan dealership and tell them that if you dont give you £500 of that Micra I am going down the road to by a BMW M5.

Like I said , totally illogical.

pbibs said:
Thaksins Love Child said:
I don't think we are in for Torres.

I think there is a chance Bobby said this to prompt Inter and/or Wolfsburg to pull their finger out and accept what we have offered or we are moving on rather than being held to ransom.

I am sorry but that is very flawed logic. You cannot put pressure on another club to sell us their striker by saying that if they dont we will buy Europes top striker. It doesnt make sense. How would it prompt them to accept what we offered by threatening to buy a better striker if they dont accept. If you had the resources you would just buy the better striker in the first place.

Because buying Torres carries risks and it would be very easy to argue that he isn't our first choice that reason but when push comes to shove, we would look very carefully at it and take our chances.

"Torres is one of the best strikers in Europe and is already playing in the Premier League for three years and knows it very well," said Mancini.
"But it depends on his situation - his price and whether he wants to come."
This Mancio's quote didn't sound like play down talk of Torres to me.

Pam said:
pbibs said:
I am sorry but that is very flawed logic. You cannot put pressure on another club to sell us their striker by saying that if they dont we will buy Europes top striker. It doesnt make sense. How would it prompt them to accept what we offered by threatening to buy a better striker if they dont accept. If you had the resources you would just buy the better striker in the first place.

Because buying Torres carries risks and it would be very easy to argue that he isn't our first choice that reason but when push comes to shove, we would look very carefully at it and take our chances.

Do you really believe Torres will not be signed above other strikers if it is possible.

It's like Bobby said this morning, if a player is worth £10m, City are told to pay £20m.

Yes Torres is the better player, but injury prone and may not necessarily want to come. We don't know that, neither do Inter or Wolfsburg.

They both MIGHT have been holding out for say £35m instead of £30m. Now they might be re-considering.

Only a thought. The other day, Bobby says we like Donovan, the next morning O'Neill is on SSN saying they are prepared to sell Milner.

pbibs said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:

Rubbbish. If we were in a position to buy the superior striker, then in our position we would. Thats why you cannot use this arguement to put pressure on another club. If the particular players are of a similar level then yes, but not when you are talking about a superior player. In your world you would go into a Nissan dealership and tell them that if you dont give you £500 of that Micra I am going down the road to by a BMW M5.

Seems logical to me spock.

80s Shorts said:
pbibs said:

Seems logical to me spock.

Fuck me a Beamer garage that sells M5's for the price of a micra.. where the fook is it. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.