Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
leewill31 said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Not in a million years mate will both come, i prefere Ade to Dzeko any road, i think this season Manu will buckle down, and kick on, he's was still a 1/2 man last season. I rate Ade highley.

just an opinion but what about the likelihood of having 4 quality forwards

tevez,addy,dzeko,torres?????

In time 70% now 7%, but thats imo. after image rights and everything, you'll be close to a million pound a week with them lot.

Meanwhile at the Legion of Doom,

1277657192_torres-fakes-foul.gif

Another Million off his transfer value after yesterday

Yet he might be getting his fitness back. Clearly his manager thinks that if he keeps giving him games he will have the old Torres on his hands if they get as far as the Finals.

But too much doubt in my mind to warrant a mega monies bid - and it would put Liverpool back in business

When fit one of the best forwards in the world, based on the world cup it looks like his legs have gone. Hes still young but then so was Owen.

That would be my fear. Still had an amazing season last year even with the injuries thing is Villa is at least as good (if not better) no injury problems and he cost 40 million euros. So hows Torres worth £60 million - 70 million euros ?

The answer is hes not worth more than Villa you could argue on current form and injury concerns more like £30 million but Liverpool would never sell him for that.

I would still have him at city there is an argument that although not as big a name and any where near as good technically Dzeko would be better for city due to his size and the fact he would play more.

Marvin said:

Yet he might be getting his fitness back. Clearly his manager thinks that if he keeps giving him games he will have the old Torres on his hands if they get as far as the Finals.

But too much doubt in my mind to warrant a mega monies bid - and it would put Liverpool back in business

Good, we need United/Liverpool on the brink NOT over it. I highly doubt Hodgson will be given any more than £30 million and even if he did he wouldn't know what to do with it. Remember how much of Ronaldo's £80 million was spent last season, it all went towards another 3 years of Glazer rule.

King Geedorah said:
Marvin said:

Good, we need United/Liverpool on the brink NOT over it. I highly doubt Hodgson will be given any more than £30 million and even if he did he wouldn't know what to do with it. Remember how much of Ronaldo's £80 million was spent last season, it all went towards another 3 years of Glazer rule.

The Rag bond scheme will see them able to use cash again. Liverpool are no longer being chased for £100m by RBS so should also be able to use cash.

Torres' world cup performances will have no affect upon his price. Liverpool will ask for £70-90m if he wants out. And that is vital, we can NOT force a move.

Just to let anyone know in case they didn't, RBS have frozen all of Liverpool's payments on the debts until December, meaning Liverpool have until December to complete a sale. Which is probably likely, considering BarCap have taken over and are running things, their owners have been frozen out. So if we do sign Torres for £60-70 million as is quoted by Liverpool, then this money will more than likely be available for re-investment. My primary worry is, we sign a 25 game a season striker, and they can go and rebuild their squad entirely. The question is, do you think Roy Hodgson is capable of dealing with £65 million? I don't, therefore I believe it to be worth the money. With Ade available for rotation with Torres, Tevez and what will likely be Dzeko, I believe we can get the best out of him, which on his day is the best striker in the world. Therefore, I would support the signing, I only hope Gary, Bobby and Darren can make this work. It's all about selling the City vision. I trust they can, so should all of you, after all they got Silva and Yaya on board.

willbeggers said:
Just to let anyone know in case they didn't, RBS have frozen all of Liverpool's payments on the debts until December, meaning Liverpool have until December to complete a sale. Which is probably likely, considering BarCap have taken over and are running things, their owners have been frozen out. So if we do sign Torres for £60-70 million as is quoted by Liverpool, then this money will more than likely be available for re-investment. My primary worry is, we sign a 25 game a season striker, and they can go and rebuild their squad entirely. The question is, do you think Roy Hodgson is capable of dealing with £65 million? I don't, therefore I believe it to be worth the money. With Ade available for rotation with Torres, Tevez and what will likely be Dzeko, I believe we can get the best out of him, which on his day is the best striker in the world. Therefore, I would support the signing, I only hope Gary, Bobby and Darren can make this work. It's all about selling the City vision. I trust they can, so should all of you, after all they got Silva and Yaya on board.

Hangeland,Steven taylor & ashley young....that is his wishlist according to reports.

willbeggers said:

how long B4 you think we'll get an idea if its a goer please mate?

They could sign Dzeko and 2-3 high quality players for 60-70 mil. Torres is not worth that much as a player but as a personality would probably make the club a lot of money in sales, deals, and global branding.

Still think we should sign Dzeko even if he isn't the superstar Torres and Ibra are yet. He and Tevez could be lethal together as Dzeko is more likely than Ade to stay in the centre and wait for the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.