Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odds created by bookies are based on knowledge and then by where the money goes.

If a horse drifts badly then the market (punters) doesn't like it and vice versa.

So when Chelsea get snipped a touch from 5/2 down to 9/4 its likely Chelsea fans having a little dabble.

City went from 5/1 to 6/4 so it looks like City fans went mental....

fbloke said:
Odds created by bookies are based on knowledge and then by where the money goes.

If a horse drifts badly then the market (punters) doesn't like it and vice versa.

So when Chelsea get snipped a touch from 5/2 down to 9/4 its likely Chelsea fans having a little dabble.

City went from 5/1 to 6/4 so it looks like City fans went mental....

Most of that was probably bet on Sunday night by some on here.

I don't get why City are favourites with the bookmakers when the Telegraph, The Times, Sky Sports News, Daily Mail and the Daily Mirror are all saying Chelsea have just put a large bid in (and the suggestion is that City are interested but Torres won't go there until they get get CL football)?

Must have been a lot of City fans putting money on it, that's all I can say.

The other thing I was going to say is that, Chelsea can't match the spending power that City have for most players, but I think with Torres you'll see something different. Abramovich is absolutely determined to get his man, and I reckon he'll match anything City lay on the table as a one off.

fulhamroad22 said:
I don't get why City are favourites with the bookmakers when the Telegraph, The Times, Sky Sports News, Daily Mail and the Daily Mirror are all saying Chelsea have just put a large bid in (and the suggestion is that City are interested but Torres won't go there until they get get CL football)?

Must have been a lot of City fans putting money on it, that's all I can say.

The other thing I was going to say is that, Chelsea can't match the spending power that City have for most players, but I think with Torres you'll see something different. Abramovich is absolutely determined to get his man, and I reckon he'll match anything City lay on the table as a one off.

As I posted in another thread. It's not as simple as paying the transfer fee. Torres's people will want the same contract from Chelsea that City will offer him. If Chelsea do give him that contract, or a similar one, they will then have to give Lampard and Terry parity because of their contractual situations. There's little point in Roman trying to balance the books on the one hand, and then shattering his wage structure and paying an enormous transfer fee on the other.

Hopefully our backups have all agreed some sort of deal with us so we can jump straight ahead when/if Torres gives us the boot.

Dont want to end up having to rush into something and end up with nobody or 4th/5th choice.

why does have to be city fans who put the money just people in the know i think david silva would know more than the daily shits

I know people at Cobham and the Lampard/Terry pay parity clause was dropped at their renewals in return for a wage increase and contract extension, so the Torres contract would not get in the way basically. That was one of the reasons why it took so long to negotiate both contracts.

From what I've heard Torres is very keen on Chelsea and actually has quite reasonable demands in the way of wages etc, one of those demands is Champions League football. The question is when will he leave Liverpool. If he leaves this year it'll be for Chelsea, but he is considering holding out one more year at Liverpool and waiting to see if City get CL football (which let's be honest, has to be done this year otherwise something is very, very wrong), at which point he'd leave for City.

fulhamroad22 said:
I know people at Cobham and the Lampard/Terry pay parity clause was dropped at their renewals in return for a wage increase and contract extension, so the Torres contract would not get in the way basically. That was one of the reasons why it took so long to negotiate both contracts.

From what I've heard Torres is very keen on Chelsea and actually has quite reasonable demands in the way of wages etc. The question is when will he leave Liverpool. If he leaves this year it'll be for Chelsea, but he is considering holding out one more year at Liverpool and waiting to see if City get CL football (which let's be honest, has to be done this year otherwise something is very, very wrong), at which point he'd leave for City.

So, what is your take on the reports of Torres recommending us to Silva? Not even the slightest thought he may be considering us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.