Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
kippax23 said:
why does have to be city fans who put the money just people in the know i think david silva would know more than the daily shits

Dear lord, is English your first (or even second) language? What ARE you on about?

fulhamroad22 said:
I don't get why City are favourites with the bookmakers when the Telegraph, The Times, Sky Sports News, Daily Mail and the Daily Mirror are all saying Chelsea have just put a large bid in (and the suggestion is that City are interested but Torres won't go there until they get get CL football)?

Must have been a lot of City fans putting money on it, that's all I can say.

The other thing I was going to say is that, Chelsea can't match the spending power that City have for most players, but I think with Torres you'll see something different. Abramovich is absolutely determined to get his man, and I reckon he'll match anything City lay on the table as a one off.

Then he will have to match Terry's and fat Frank's wages with whatever Torres gets.. would he do that..??

Afternoon men...sorry Im late..

fulhamroad22 said:
I know people at Cobham and the Lampard/Terry pay parity clause was dropped at their renewals in return for a wage increase and contract extension, so the Torres contract would not get in the way basically. That was one of the reasons why it took so long to negotiate both contracts.

From what I've heard Torres is very keen on Chelsea and actually has quite reasonable demands in the way of wages etc, one of those demands is Champions League football. The question is when will he leave Liverpool. If he leaves this year it'll be for Chelsea, but he is considering holding out one more year at Liverpool and waiting to see if City get CL football (which let's be honest, has to be done this year otherwise something is very, very wrong), at which point he'd leave for City.
sorry mate bullshit torres will come to us after the world cup

The Fixer said:
Just my opinion but it's fairly obvious we want another top class striker so why haven't we nailed Dzeko/Ibra etc? cos we are trying to nail Torres.

We must of had some form of encouragement from Torres advisors or we would press ahead and sign another player imo.
Exactly my thinking.

Something is going on behind the scene here. Hopefully we will fint out soon enough!

One thing is for sure, We do need another striker! we can't rely only on Ade and Tevez with so many important games coming up!

Giles said:
kippax23 said:
why does have to be city fans who put the money just people in the know i think david silva would know more than the daily shits

Dear lord, is English your first (or even second) language? What ARE you on about?
who the FUCK r u twat understand my english

kippax23 said:
Giles said:
who the FUCK r u twat understand my english
take it easy, To be fair, not even i understand that sentence of yours! and im used to "bad" English!.

MonsallBlue said:
fulhamroad22 said:
I know people at Cobham and the Lampard/Terry pay parity clause was dropped at their renewals in return for a wage increase and contract extension, so the Torres contract would not get in the way basically. That was one of the reasons why it took so long to negotiate both contracts.

From what I've heard Torres is very keen on Chelsea and actually has quite reasonable demands in the way of wages etc. The question is when will he leave Liverpool. If he leaves this year it'll be for Chelsea, but he is considering holding out one more year at Liverpool and waiting to see if City get CL football (which let's be honest, has to be done this year otherwise something is very, very wrong), at which point he'd leave for City.

So, what is your take on the reports of Torres recommending us to Silva? Not even the slightest thought he may be considering us?

Oh, it's definitely a consideration, but the reason he's even considering a move is because Liverpool don't have Champions League football and look like they might fall off the map if they don't get a buyer soon.

Basically, from what I've heard Chelsea are front of the queue, followed by City and Barcelona is always lurking in the background if they can scrape enough together for a decent transfer fee (but may have blown their budget with Villa and potentially Fabregas).

Basically, Abramovich is going to offer a very, very generous package and is extremely determined, couple that with signing for a team that is already winning leagues, cups and challenging for Champions Leagues and he is tempted. City still have a chance, but if they get him I'm almost certain it'll be next year assuming they get into the CL.

fulhamroad22 said:
I don't get why City are favourites with the bookmakers when the Telegraph, The Times, Sky Sports News, Daily Mail and the Daily Mirror are all saying Chelsea have just put a large bid in (and the suggestion is that City are interested but Torres won't go there until they get get CL football)?

Must have been a lot of City fans putting money on it, that's all I can say.

The other thing I was going to say is that, Chelsea can't match the spending power that City have for most players, but I think with Torres you'll see something different. Abramovich is absolutely determined to get his man, and I reckon he'll match anything City lay on the table as a one off.

I was going to post a stupid/arrogant/funny reply but I remembered you've made some good posts on here so I'll give you a measured proper reply instead :)

I understand what you're saying but has Abramovich not been blowing his trumpet for ages now about how Chelsea will be financially self-sufficient and how much he loves the new UEFA rules about debt etc?
I was under the impression Chelsea wouldn't get money funnelled from him any more but rather having to spend what they earn? Surely they couldn't afford to take £35m-£70m from their own operating profits to fund Torres?
Abramovich buying Torres would mean to "re-open" that holding company that he gives money to and then Chelsea loans the money from said company? Was this not the one he just recently wiped clean?

To be honest if he didn't go to City I'd want him to go to Chelsea! In my logic this would mean Chelsea would be stronger and more likely to win the title - which means the rags wouldn't win it.
We could always get Ibra, Balotelli, Dzeko or someone else...
I don't think City is quite ready to win the EPL yet but we definitely will be the season after this one! :)

My take on the press linking him with Chelsea is that they can see that for what it is ie joining a club who win trophies and are in CL they cannot stomach the thought of him joining city as a mercenary. Either way if he leaves Liverpool they will be lucky to finish mid table, if he goes to Chelsea the rags can forget about next years title. If he does go to Chelsea then I can see us looking at Dzeko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.