Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPIDERBOY said:
found this earlier today....how true,i dont know.....

10 Jul 2010 07:53:06
A mate of mine who works for Mancheter City (a very reliable source) says that James Milner will sign for City on Friday. Edin Dzeko will also sign, with Lazio's Aleksandar Kolarov. Fernando Torres will NOT be making a move to Manchester.

Ireland, Bellamy, Richards, Onouha, Garrido, SWP, Santa Cruz, Weiss, Robinho and De Jong (sadly) will be leaving.

De Jong won't be leaving and neither will Weiss (permanently that is)<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:54 am --<br /><br />
franksven said:
Ricster said:
I have to disagree with that aswell.

I know a few Liverpool fans and there nothing like the rags. Even in 2008 when we played at Anfield with Sven in charge and we were singing pro Sven songs, alot of the Home fans were applauding us.

But i do think Liverpool's time is past, they are domestically a nearly team, just not quite good enough to get over the final hurdle as the season before last proved.

Correct, also it's usually a good idea to actually win something first before gloating in there demise, as it stands all we really have at this current time, is a very bright future.

We could gloat at their demise even if we were Accrington Stanley because we aren't saying ''haha look at us compared to you now'' we're just saying ''haha look at you now''.

sam221985 said:
SPIDERBOY said:

A mate of mine who works for Mancheter City (a very reliable source) says that James Milner will sign for City on Friday. Edin Dzeko will also sign, with Lazio's Aleksandar Kolarov. Fernando Torres will NOT be making a move to Manchester.

Ireland, Bellamy, Richards, Onouha, Garrido, SWP, Santa Cruz, Weiss, Robinho and De Jong (sadly) will be leaving.

De Jong won't be leaving and neither will Weiss (permanently that is)

-- Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:54 am --

franksven said:
Correct, also it's usually a good idea to actually win something first before gloating in there demise, as it stands all we really have at this current time, is a very bright future.

We could gloat at their demise even if we were Accrington Stanley because we aren't saying ''haha look at us compared to you now'' we're just saying ''haha look at you now''.

I think this is from football rumors, it's a complete horseshite site where ppl leave rumours they've heard.

This transfer unlike others could be the final nail in the coffin of what was once Liverpool FC or the Liverpool FC over the last 40 years. In my life I have only ever known that club to be sucessfull at home and abroad they were always the team to beat, but they sold their soul just like the rags when they were instrumental in changing how teams were funded in this country by allowing home teams to keep all the gate receipts, leaving aside their "dark history" of Heysel and Hillsborough I for one am pleased as punch that they are crumbling only a similar fate for the rags will give me more joy. I have been fortunate in that the scouse fans I have known over the years are probably the "decent" ones who have always had banter and sometimes expressed some sympathy for our demise. I can however understand that not all fans are the same. For me personally, I feel sorry for the genuine fans but delighted that a new order MAY be here for some time to come. However to the scouse fans I know I will show them the same respect as they have given me but inside fuck the lot of them.

SPIDERBOY said:

Sorry i think it's BS, not so much the players coming in that did it for me, as more the players leaving. I do believe some of these players will leave, but for the life of me, i can not see 10 of the first team or at least fringe players leaving, when we still have a lot of dead wood that needs to be shipped out first.

franksven said:
Ricster said:
I have to disagree with that aswell.

I know a few Liverpool fans and there nothing like the rags. Even in 2008 when we played at Anfield with Sven in charge and we were singing pro Sven songs, alot of the Home fans were applauding us.

But i do think Liverpool's time is past, they are domestically a nearly team, just not quite good enough to get over the final hurdle as the season before last proved.

We get linked to the dippers site and scum site regularely by posters on here who have found hateful snippets aimed at us in one way shape or form.
how come we never see any do gooder Dipper or Scum fans saying that the Anti City stuff is arrogance on their behalf and is out of order??

FUCKING NEVER..thats when..which proves to me that all the posters on these sites are all arrogant self opinionated twats who wouldnt know the meaning of the word respect..
If there are good honest fans on these sites then where are they when the shit against us is dished out..hiding behind their keyboards no doubt not wishing to voice their distain for what their fellow fans are saying.
so we get bad fans giving it the big un , and the good fans cant be arsed to speak up for us..

well fook em all then is what i say.

yes,it was off football rumours,,i agree,it probably is shit,just put it on to get some thoughts off others..might be a couple in there,that may want to go,for guaranteed first team football..?

svennis pennis said:
Captain Spyro said:
Whatever happens, I just hope that it works out for Torres and Liverpool. When I first started following football, LIverpool was my first club. I've kinda lost my passion for the team for various reasons, but I still love em and hope they regain their form; just not at the expense of City.

Saying that, read somewhere saying that Liverpool will black Torres from leaving, considering he signed an extension and hasn't been at the club as long as Gerrard has.

Oh, and hello to all! ^_^

Why dont you support Liverpool anymore and what made you choose us??

On Liverpool: I haven't completely abandoned the Reds, but certain nagging things really got to me. One was a bit of arrogance that seemed to proliferate the fanbase. I'm not speaking for everyone, but one can only go on past glories for so long before it becomes redundant. Another thing is the debt. Really, the main reason I first started following the club was because of George Gillett. Back in 2007, he bought controlling interest of the NASCAR I was passionately (which is for the most part dead. It's still around, but the main qualities that attracted me to it have left or are leaving) and from there, I decided to follow his other sporting interests. Largely during the ownership controversy, I had been defending Gillett (not so much Hicks), though anymore the animosity has really turned me off. I love that the fans are passionate, but it just becomes too much.

On City: I had actually started liking this club a couple of years back. Yeah, probably seen as underachievers (like my beloved Atletico), but it was a club with a lot of heart. Plus, another team with a big rivalry with United. Big plus for me. However, I will admit this. My liking for the club really picked up with the signing of David Silva. I admire the ambition of the club, so I'll be following it much more closely. I also admire that the owners seem to have the club's best interests at heart.

I still have love and respect for Liverpool, but I guess my heart really wasn't into it. Really, it's the same exact story for the NHL where I started following the Montreal Canadiens (formerly owned by Gillett), but now end up following the Anaheim Ducks and Pittsburgh Penguins. Hell, even in the MLS I started with the New York Red Bulls before I found my soccer club with the Seattle Sounders. As for the Premier League. I think my heart actually lies with City.

blueinsa said:
pierod said:
Will a day pass without some moaning, net-curtain-twitching Get telling everyone how to behave?

A bit harsh fella but i do fully understand the sentiment.

It's our turn now and we should all fully enjoy it.

If it upsets some, so fucking what!

Perhaps a little harsh, I just don't think these curtain-twitchers understand what it's like to deal with the combined effort of the Liverpool-United-Everton-Bolton-anyone-else-who-fancies-a-pop collective on a daily basis. Before things started looking a little brighter for us, we were condescended to, but now the bitterness oozing out of their collective pores is too obvious to pass up.

If we were to acquire Torres, it'd be good to stick it to them - but regardless it looks like he's leaving (to us or Chelsea), so it's a win-win with regards to giving out a bit of well-earned schtick. Showing "class" seems a little subjective to me and a bit too stiff upper lip British for my liking, but I think having a sense of humour and having the cajones to laugh at yourself once in a while is more important. Certain supporters of certain top clubs just don't have any of those qualities in my experience, too used to having it all their own way I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.