Fernando vs Garcia

Shaelumstash said:
FantasyIreland said:
An excellent performance,he put himself about superbly,breaking play and keeping it simple,exactly why he was purchased.

He was superb on Saturday and superb against Bayern, both games he played in a 3. Coincidence?

He really didn't play in a three on Saturday. The formation vs Bayern was predominantly 4-1-4-1 and vs Everton it was 4-4-1-1. Nasri played further up the field than Yaya and Nando.

You are clutching at straws because you jumped the gun over Fernando.

OB1 said:
Shaelumstash said:
FantasyIreland said:
An excellent performance,he put himself about superbly,breaking play and keeping it simple,exactly why he was purchased.

He was superb on Saturday and superb against Bayern, both games he played in a 3. Coincidence?

He really didn't play in a three on Saturday. The formation vs Bayern was predominantly 4-1-4-1 and vs Everton it was 4-4-1-1. Nasri played further up the field than Yaya and Nando.

You are clutching at straws because you jumped the gun over Fernando.

He played in a 3 in both games. Against Bayern he was the deepest central midfielder with two in front of him, and against Everton he was one of two deeper players with one in front.

You can call that 4-1-4-1 and 4-4-1-1 if you really want, but if you understand the game you'll know the difference in his role, and the shape of the team compared to earlier in the season.

Having an extra man in midfield means he doesn't have to cover as much ground, doesn't have to be on the ball as much, and can just concentrate on winning the ball from deep positions and giving it simple, which is his strength.

chris85mcfc said:
He played well on Saturday, but when everyone is fit he doesn't get near our starting 11

The bench isn't that far away.

And regarding this 'he cant play in a two' bollocks......alongside Dinho,he will be just fine.

FantasyIreland said:
chris85mcfc said:
He played well on Saturday, but when everyone is fit he doesn't get near our starting 11

And regarding this 'he cant play in a two' bollocks......alongside Dinho,he will be just fine.

From what ive seen he doesn't improve our best 11, thats what I was getting at

chris85mcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:
chris85mcfc said:

I don't really go with this best 11 scenario,so,imo,depending on the opposition......he might do.

Arguably his best game on Saturday....here, there and everywhere mopping up danger. Good stuff.

FantasyIreland said:
chris85mcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:

I don't really go with this best 11 scenario,so,imo,depending on the opposition......he might do.

He needs to learn to defend on the front foot

At times against Everton he was 2 or 3 yards ahead of Demichelis and Mangala, and Toure was urging him to push up alongside him

The reason Fernandinho is so vital to the way we play is that he can defend on the front foot, which is the way Pellegrini likes to play

I agree,he neither has the awareness or instincts of Dinho,but few do......however,he is very much a destroyer and a player who will be very useful when the situation calls for him.

I think people are being very harsh by judging his synchronicity with his team mates at such an early stage of his City career,when he fully adjusts to their style and movement i'm sure we will see a very effective player indeed.

I'm not sure how anyone can see him as anything but a Garcia upgrade.

chris85mcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:
chris85mcfc said:

He needs to learn to defend on the front foot

At times against Everton he was 2 or 3 yards ahead of Demichelis and Mangala, and Toure was urging him to push up alongside him

The reason Fernandinho is so vital to the way we play is that he can defend on the front foot, which is the way Pellegrini likes to play

Again he isn't Fernandinho and his job isn't the same as Fernandinho's. He plays a very different role, one which effectively is to stand two or three yards in front of Mangala and Demi and protect them. I'm sure Yaya urged him forward many times, but it's those movements into the centre of the park and further forward which leave him more exposed than Fernandinho because Fernando's slower.

Also it's just so early in his City career - it's a bit like the criticism of Mangala - i find it both gratuitous and a little pointless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.