Fernando vs Garcia

Really like fernando reminds me so much of de jong 100% every game strong in the tackle lacks a bit of pace and is scared shitless of shooting rather have him for us than against us tho!

Makes me laugh on here, no-one gave Garcia a minute and now they want him back. It takes time to adapt to this league and Fernando is no different. Garcia was a good squad player but his main problem was he wasn't so quick and it took him a while to adapt to the quick nature of the Premier League. He did come good in the end and got himself a couple of trophies but I think his speed was pinpointed as too big of a weakness. I remember when he was first signed and got injured we sent him off to Abu Dhabi for strength training because he just wasn't quite ready for this league. Fernando is quicker but like Garcia hasn't got used to the pace but once he adapts to this league he will do fine.

De Jong and Garcia had flaws, Fernando will have flaws. The only possible way to fill this position and everyone be happy is if we sign Schweinsteiger or something and that is not going to happen.

Doesn't look nearly good enough for what we need. OK saying give him time, struggles with some of the basics.

Fernando was our worst player tonight. Backing out of challenges that were 70-30 in his favour.

Complete shit house. Can't pass, can't run... absolutely dreadful signing off what I've seen so far.

To think how good de Jong and Barry were for us, and how excellent Fernandinho was last season, this guy doesn't compare!

What frustrates me about Fernando is that he's apparently a defensive midfielder a la De Jong or Barry. NDJ and Barry are only involved in the play when we lose the ball, Fernando wants to play a part in every attack. In a midfield 2, Yaya/Fernandinho goes forward, then Fernando goes forward along with our 2 full backs. Then we lose the ball and are left 2v2 at the back. We need someone who sits in front of the back 4 and stays there. Its not difficult to do.

Fernando is not as good as Garcia (comparing last season). We would undoubtedly be playing better now with Garcia available, but Fernando needs a season to bed in, I'll judge next season.

(*it was Pellegrini that sold Garcia from Real Madrid, just doesn't like that kind of player) - tactical genius? Not sure myself!

Very poor today.

He's a limited player. Never gonna be a great player and is probably worth £12M - nothing more - but I still think he will become better over time. But to be a great team, we're gonna need a passer in there. Would love to have Stevie G in there so that Yaya doesn't have to drop back because we're not in control of the ball.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
He and Fernandinho have both been poor and it's costing us.
Wouldn't disagree with that .
Garcia never ducked out of challenge .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.