Fernando vs Garcia

mansour's tow ropes said:
No surprise that Fernando is finally starting to look a very good player now he's in his proper role, defending and destroying and giving it simple. Playing him alongside Yaya in a 442 a few weeks ago was just silly.

Coincidence?

Totally agree mate, he's looked a completely different player when playing in a system that suits him. Horses for courses and all that.

MeatHunterrr said:
markbmcfc said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Wasn't convinced about Fernando couple of weeks ago but now produced a very good performance, clearly big upgrade on Garcia. Garcia is dogshit compared to Fernando. Garcia was hopeless, every player sprinted past him like he wasn't there.

Harsh.

Whilst he clearly wasn't the greatest player, his performances toward the end of last season won us the league. Same can be said about Dzeko.

Starting at Hull away playing CB for 80 mins, we gained crucial points with him shoring things up.

Calling him hopeless is overly harsh and disrespectful to a player that played a key role in the title win and always gave his best, even if at times it wasn't up the the level needed.
Disrespectful or not, Fernando is ten times the player Garcia was. We are much better with Fernando in the team than Garcia, struggled against Watford. Yes, he gave his all but I didn't say he didn't, simply wasn't up to it at the highest level.

Garcia was hopeless at CL level, did OK job against lower league opposition in PL. Expected bit more from £16 million player.
Garcia was hopeless at CL level? Where do you get this shit from? He played about 5 games for us in the CL, about half of them out of position at CB. Of his very few CL games in midfield, one was our best ever CL game, beating Bayern on their patch, when he was outstanding alongside Fernandinho.

I think Fernando is the more suited player to the PL and what we want him to do, but your assesment of Javi seems to be pulled out of your arse, summrd up nicely by you claiming he was poor against Watford, a game in which he didn't even play!

BigOscar said:
MeatHunterrr said:
markbmcfc said:
Harsh.

Whilst he clearly wasn't the greatest player, his performances toward the end of last season won us the league. Same can be said about Dzeko.

Starting at Hull away playing CB for 80 mins, we gained crucial points with him shoring things up.

Calling him hopeless is overly harsh and disrespectful to a player that played a key role in the title win and always gave his best, even if at times it wasn't up the the level needed.
Disrespectful or not, Fernando is ten times the player Garcia was. We are much better with Fernando in the team than Garcia, struggled against Watford. Yes, he gave his all but I didn't say he didn't, simply wasn't up to it at the highest level.

Garcia was hopeless at CL level, did OK job against lower league opposition in PL. Expected bit more from £16 million player.
Garcia was hopeless at CL level? Where do you get this shit from? He played about 5 games for us in the CL, about half of them out of position at CB. Of his very few CL games in midfield, one was our best ever CL game, beating Bayern on their patch, when he was outstanding alongside Fernandinho.

I think Fernando is the more suited player to the PL and what we want him to do, but your assesment of Javi seems to be pulled out of your arse, summrd up nicely by you claiming he was poor against Watford, a game in which he didn't even play!

I watched every minute of that game and I dont recall Garcia being any better than serviceable - which was the highest level he generally reached. As for Garcia "winning us the PL", I assume that was a Christmas laugh-in one-liner.

FantasyIreland said:
I'm not sure how anyone can see him as anything but a Garcia upgrade.

You standing by this comment mate? Garcia was pretty fucking useless, but I think the case for Fernando being even worse is getting stronger by the week.

Garcia could pass, tackle and was great in the air but was slow.

Fernando can't pass, is crap in the air and slow but can tackle sometimes......

cookster said:
Garcia could pass, tackle and was great in the air but was slow.

Fernando can't pass, is crap in the air and slow but can tackle sometimes......

Passing equal. Garcia maybe slightly better in the air. Both fairly slow. Fernando >> tackling.

I'll give Fernando a season before I pass final judgment, but as for Garcia, as always when a player isn't playing or leaves the club, their legend grows by the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.