Fernando vs Garcia

lasereyes said:
pudge said:
lasereyes said:
Passing equal. Garcia maybe slightly better in the air. Both fairly slow. Fernando >> tackling.

I'll give Fernando a season before I pass final judgment, but as for Garcia, as always when a player isn't playing or leaves the club, their legend grows by the day.
It's not even close, not up for debate, Javi was a beast in the air; It was the one thing you could never knock no matter how bad he played or how little you rated him.

Who's better in the tackle, however, is certainly debatable. I don't know where this hard man, loves a tackle, image Fernando has has come from. He makes Nasri's duck out of the wall look like a sacrifice for mankind.

Now that's pretty funny. Amazing how a legend grows from one set-piece (header in his first game away at Stoke). I suggest you watch a few other games - like the away game against that mighty offensive juggernaut called Cardiff last season.

As for Garcia's tackling, about on par with Boyata's shooting or Navas's first time crosses.
You think I'm referring to one headed goal?

Javi won the majority of headers he contested, fact, the numbers are there to see. In the Champions League alone he won over 70% of his aerial duels whilst Fernando sits at 45%.

It's not a case of "how a legend grows" it's a case of you being ignorant to the facts.

super_city_si said:

This hes fucking dreadful

Javi was positionally aware which is what you need in that position

Fernando wouldn't get anywhere near any other midfield in the top 4 and yet we play him every week

Neither are as good as de Jong.

We've gone backwards since selling de Jong in this third central midfielder role. We've spent £28fuckingM on these two jokers and gone backwards. Total fucking waste of money. Are there no young, hungry, fresh legged central midfielders in the WORLD of football that we could have gone out and spent £28m on in this area? A 17 year old with little expectation of a starting place by by far good enough to be a squad player, in WORLD football, that we could have got for £8-10m?

Yet another example of terrible recruitment with unbelievable amounts of money spent on nothing but total AVERAGENESS!

Shite!

super_city_si said:

This hes fucking dreadful

Fernando wouldn't get anywhere near any other midfield in the top 4 and yet we play him every week

In all fairness Garcia actually featured in 24 Premier League games last season and whilst acknowledging that some of these might have been last minute substitutions it’s a bit harsh to say that he didn’t contribute.

He also came on at Wembley and played a vital role as City ran down the clock for the last 20 minutes, in a game that the far more fashionable Silva had struggled.

Personally I think Garcia played a significant role over the season (Man of the Match against Palace at home).

Fernando is faster, and reading the posts from last summer, everybody wanted a faster version of Garcia.

However I refer to my original post. Why the hell did we sell Dr Jong?

pudge said:
lasereyes said:
pudge said:
It's not even close, not up for debate, Javi was a beast in the air; It was the one thing you could never knock no matter how bad he played or how little you rated him.

Who's better in the tackle, however, is certainly debatable. I don't know where this hard man, loves a tackle, image Fernando has has come from. He makes Nasri's duck out of the wall look like a sacrifice for mankind.

Now that's pretty funny. Amazing how a legend grows from one set-piece (header in his first game away at Stoke). I suggest you watch a few other games - like the away game against that mighty offensive juggernaut called Cardiff last season.

As for Garcia's tackling, about on par with Boyata's shooting or Navas's first time crosses.
You think I'm referring to one headed goal?

Javi won the majority of headers he contested, fact, the numbers are there to see. In the Champions League alone he won over 70% of his aerial duels whilst Fernando sits at 45%.

It's not a case of "how a legend grows" it's a case of you being ignorant to the facts.

Let me give you a tip. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to do better than throw out a couple of random numbers with no sources.

If you want to see some real stats then take a look at these:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Players/12378/History/Javi-Garca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Players/12378/ ... Javi-Garca</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Players/31958/History/Fernando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Players/31958/History/Fernando</a>

The only category where Garcia is better is Aerials Won. Fernando is streets ahead on Tackles, Interceptions, Passes made, Long Balls and Assists to cite a few.

Based on what I've seen so far, Fernando has been a disappointment, but the notion that Garcia is some lost messiah suggests you don't watch many games

chris85mcfc said:

Unfortunately he only seemed to have an awareness of the position about 5 yards behind the player he was supposed to be dealing with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.