Fernando vs Garcia

To be honest, I think the original comparison is wrong.

Cast your mind back to 2012 and the two games against Porto in the Europa League.

I remember City playing well in Porto, particularly the last 20 minutes. I also recall Dzeko scoring straight from the kick off in the second leg and the “You’re not incredible” chant at Hulk.

Does anybody remember thinking that Porto’s central midfielder looked a better prospect than De Jong?

lasereyes said:
cookster said:
Garcia could pass, tackle and was great in the air but was slow.

Fernando can't pass, is crap in the air and slow but can tackle sometimes......

Passing equal. Garcia maybe slightly better in the air. Both fairly slow. Fernando >> tackling.

I'll give Fernando a season before I pass final judgment, but as for Garcia, as always when a player isn't playing or leaves the club, their legend grows by the day.
It's not even close, not up for debate, Javi was a beast in the air; It was the one thing you could never knock no matter how bad he played or how little you rated him.

Who's better in the tackle, however, is certainly debatable. I don't know where this hard man, loves a tackle, image Fernando has has come from. He makes Nasri's duck out of the wall look like a sacrifice for mankind.

pudge said:
lasereyes said:
cookster said:

Passing equal. Garcia maybe slightly better in the air. Both fairly slow. Fernando >> tackling.

I'll give Fernando a season before I pass final judgment, but as for Garcia, as always when a player isn't playing or leaves the club, their legend grows by the day.
It's not even close, not up for debate, Javi was a beast in the air; It was the one thing you could never knock no matter how bad he played or how little you rated him.

Who's better in the tackle, however, is certainly debatable. I don't know where this hard man, loves a tackle, image Fernando has has come from. He makes Nasri's duck out of the wall look like a sacrifice for mankind.

PMSL

Thank god we didn't sign Fernando and Mangala in January 2014 like we were all hoping for, might have fucked up the league for us

mansour's tow ropes said:
Thank god we didn't sign Fernando and Mangala in January 2014 like we were all hoping for, might have fucked up the league for us

To be fair to Mangala, we were unbeaten for 12 games or whatever it was with him in the side. I'm not a fan based on fee but he can't be blamed for the last two pitiful performances.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
One poor player for another...excellent work
precisely. The answer is neither. I defended Fernando in this thread as he has given glimpses of being a decent player, but he just isnt good enough. He spends most of his time on his arse. Sliding tackles are all well and good if you win the ball but he doesn't and is then left on the floor.
Today he was shambolic. His back pass was idiotic. If you're not sure, hoof the fucking thing out for a throw.

pudge said:
lasereyes said:
cookster said:

Now that's pretty funny. Amazing how a legend grows from one set-piece (header in his first game away at Stoke). I suggest you watch a few other games - like the away game against that mighty offensive juggernaut called Cardiff last season.

As for Garcia's tackling, about on par with Boyata's shooting or Navas's first time crosses.

lasereyes said:
pudge said:
lasereyes said:

Now that's pretty funny. Amazing how a legend grows from one set-piece (header in his first game away at Stoke). I suggest you watch a few other games - like the away game against that mighty offensive juggernaut called Cardiff last season.

As for Garcia's tackling, about on par with Boyata's shooting or Navas's first time crosses.

No point debating who was better at what. The end result is they are still both shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.