Fernando vs Garcia

Fernando doesn't seem to me to be the player we was buying or indeed needed. I'd prefer a "three" of Jimmy, Fernandino and Yaya.

He needs to improve quickly and adapt, all top players do, he now needs to prove his worth.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Fernando doesn't seem to me to be the player we was buying or indeed needed. I'd prefer a "three" of Jimmy, Fernandino and Yaya.

He needs to improve quickly and adapt, all top players do, he now needs to prove his worth.

In the current market,you don't get any better than Fernando for £12m.

He is not a DM for a midfield duo. Mabye every once from 10 games he can do his job well in a duo but mostly not.

He is a deep sitting DM in a midfield trio, and that role is exactly what he should play and was playing that role at Porto at a very good level. Less running, less energy needed in that role than if he has to do lot more in a duo.

What we dont have is high workrate from player centrally in attacking player. Chelsea have it in Oscar/Willian. Arsenal had it with Ramsey, Cazorla against us and that killed us.

We are so open trough the middle, not enough track back, its a kind of nightmare for DM position players at City and that makes it also a nightmare scenario for defenders.

Still Fernando should be better than he is I think, and so far did not improve the squad much more than Garcia would have.

Damanino said:
He is not a DM for a midfield duo. Mabye every once from 10 games he can do his job well in a duo but mostly not.

He is a deep sitting DM in a midfield trio, and that role is exactly what he should play and was playing that role at Porto at a very good level. Less running, less energy needed in that role than if he has to do lot more in a duo.

What we dont have is high workrate from player centrally in attacking player. Chelsea have it in Oscar/Willian. Arsenal had it with Ramsey, Cazorla against us and that killed us.

We are so open trough the middle, not enough track back, its a kind of nightmare for DM position players at City and that makes it also a nightmare scenario for defenders.

Still Fernando should be better than he is I think, and so far did not improve the squad much more than Garcia would have.

this is 100% correct

he was brought to be played in a 4141 against big teams, in europe, but somehow ended up being the go to guy in a 442/4411 whenever 1 out of fernandinho or yaya went missing. simply isnt suited for it. the club should have had a backup CM

Fernando always plays in the games where other 1st teamers are rested such as league cup games and friendlies.
Don't know what that says about him but is just an observation

raymondkl92 said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:

In the current market,you don't get any better than Fernando for £12m.

Unfortunately that's the problem! He is what he is, a very average footballer who we bought for an average fee.

Mister Appointment said:
FantasyIreland said:
Fernando is an upgrade on Garcia but that doesn't make him the quality we require.Schneiderlin would have been the better signing but he would have cost considerably more than 12m.

Also,i suspect Fernando's transfer played a part in the arrival of Mangala.

I think Garcia had better hair than Fernando though. ;)

Seriously though, I think that's about the long and short of it. You get what you pay for and at 12 million we got a defensive midfield player with CL experience who is probably best suited to sitting in front of the back four and staying out of the opposition's half.

Too many times he's been caught on the turn because he's too far up field. Something which was a problem for Garcia too which is why people are rewriting history to make Garcia out as the better player. However in terms of passing, tackling, mobility, technical quality, Fernando is head and shoulders the better player IMO.

Fernando is gash.....that is my opinion and he isn't half the player Garcia was. Garcia was a perfect screen for our back four and was involved in most of our games where we annihilated the opposition. He stopped what I call basketball football (end to end) and turned games in our favor.

Always said because our full backs push on we will always be suspect on the counter making the midfielders and centre backs vunerable.fernando isnt world class but he is good at what he is there for which is shielding the back four.

Brendan110_0 said:
Mister Appointment said:
FantasyIreland said:
Fernando is an upgrade on Garcia but that doesn't make him the quality we require.Schneiderlin would have been the better signing but he would have cost considerably more than 12m.

Also,i suspect Fernando's transfer played a part in the arrival of Mangala.

I think Garcia had better hair than Fernando though. ;)

Seriously though, I think that's about the long and short of it. You get what you pay for and at 12 million we got a defensive midfield player with CL experience who is probably best suited to sitting in front of the back four and staying out of the opposition's half.

Too many times he's been caught on the turn because he's too far up field. Something which was a problem for Garcia too which is why people are rewriting history to make Garcia out as the better player. However in terms of passing, tackling, mobility, technical quality, Fernando is head and shoulders the better player IMO.

Fernando is gash.....that is my opinion and he isn't half the player Garcia was. Garcia was a perfect screen for our back four and was involved in most of our games where we annihilated the opposition. He stopped what I call basketball football (end to end) and turned games in our favor.
Holy fuck, I had to defend Garcia during his whole time here, but once he leaves he's the best thing since sliced bread

I think, that we think that by playing a holding midfielder, we can commit everybody else forward, barring said holding midfielder and the two centre backs. When we lose the ball the back 2 plus Fernando are left isolated and exposed, often in 3 on 3 situations. A lot of our games turn into 11 a side basketball when we're chasing the game. We don't exercise any control over the game, nor do we know how to press as a unit. We press as individuals and once the opposition play the ball out of the first phase of our press, we're up shit's creek.

The full backs are too far forward when we have the ball. It's tempting to push forward because the opposition drop so deep, but Zabaleta simply occupies the space that Navas would probably like to use. It's less of a problem on the left because we don't have a left footed winger, so the left sided player and the left back can both attack without taking up the same space. The simple solution would be to play Navas on the left and Silva on the right.

Fernando is a decent player, but he's not what we need. We've wasted money on players that simply weren't needed. We did the same with De Jong. We let him go for next to nothing and we've spent £26m replacing him plus whatever we have spent on wages/agents. All because we didn't want to give De Jong a new deal, which probably would have set us back about £4m or £5m. I mean we've spent £7m on a back up goalkeeper, and £32m on a centre half who other than having great physical attributes, isn't really very good, or doesn't seem to be at the minute.

Our transfer policy since the Barca boys have come in has been pretty poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.